The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Do abilities stack?

#1arson102Posted 1/30/2013 12:01:00 AM
Like if you equip two or more characters with the pq up ability.
#2Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/30/2013 4:47:19 AM
Don't think they do. The JP Up ability certainly does not stack, last I recall, so I presume it applies to other abilities seeing as how other abilities in battle don't stack.

As far as I recall, only buffs in battle stack.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Kid Icarus: Uprising
#3arson102(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:33:12 PM
Thanks. Just checking to see if it was worth grinding more than one character one Merchant.
#4Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/30/2013 10:52:05 PM
I found making money wasn't that hard in the game, so I wound up not really using that class. Its only benefit is that you can even pay off bosses to win fights. That includes the final boss, too.
---
#5arson102(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:09:50 AM
Ah I see. I'd rather just fight. I guess I won't bother with it after level 9.
#6arson102(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:34:05 PM
Here's another question. If I only learn the jp up ability on one character do all characters benefit from it while it's equipped?

I ask this because I notice if I on;y have one character equipping the hopscotch ability it protects the other characters as well when walking through poison and stuff like that.
#7Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/5/2013 6:49:05 AM
JP Up only benefits whoever has it on. I'm pretty certain. The game does toss a lot of JP at you, so you can easily max a lot of classes during the cycle runs in chapters 5 - 8 easily with the ability at hand as well.
---
#8arson102(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:01:14 AM
Ah. Thanks for the reply. Im a little impatient. I'm only on chapter 2 but I almost have a couple chars on level 10 Freelancer.
#9Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/5/2013 7:46:28 AM
Hopefully I really didn't spoil anything with my comment on later chapters, but it'll make sense when you get to that part of the game.

The Mimic skill from max level Freelancer allows you to repeat the command from the previous character free of cost, so it is arguably worth leveling Freelancer.

I'd also suggest leveling Magic Swordsman for late game purposes. Time Mage isn't that bad either for World Haste, but it's because the AI isn't that smart to take advantage of the extra BP it gets per turn. It's allowed me to get fights done really quickly, even if Time Mage becomes obsolete due to Superstar.
---
#10arson102(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:24:37 AM
Hopefully I really didn't spoil anything with my comment on later chapters, but it'll make sense when you get to that part of the game.

The Mimic skill from max level Freelancer allows you to repeat the command from the previous character free of cost, so it is arguably worth leveling Freelancer.

I'd also suggest leveling Magic Swordsman for late game purposes. Time Mage isn't that bad either for World Haste, but it's because the AI isn't that smart to take advantage of the extra BP it gets per turn. It's allowed me to get fights done really quickly, even if Time Mage becomes obsolete due to Superstar.

Nah you didn't spoil anything. I got Freelancer to 10 on 3 of my characters and I'm using two of them for Magic Swordsman and Time Mage now. Thanks for the advice. Is Summoner any good? Are the summoners something I can get at any point in the story or are they missable?