The Rayman Legends petition got 10,000 signatures in just a few days...

#1GencoilPosted 2/15/2013 4:57:49 AM
And yet this petition is still stuck at barely 2,000:
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation-brave-square-enix-bring-bravely-default-flying-fairy-to-the-west

Come on, guys. We can do better than this.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#2Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/15/2013 5:45:13 AM(edited)
Issue is, Rayman has a broader appeal, and a larger audience.

Though I feel we honestly could do better than the ~2k signatures that Operation Brave has. How'd Operation Rainfall pull stuff off? Honestly, I think Square would probably take things a bit more seriously if we ourselves take a more serious approach.

Edit:

I should add I've 1) a horrible memory that you could probably equate to that of a goldfish and 2) didn't pay attention to too many activities of OR so I do need someone to let me know how was their approach on things.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#3Gencoil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:49:14 AM
It's true that Rayman Legends has a much broader appeal but surely there's more than 1,945 out there that want Bravely Default localized?
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#4Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/15/2013 6:55:40 AM(edited)
If the Japanese FB account for BDFF is anything to go by (200k likes vs 300k sales), definitely. Problem: Square probably won't be convinced unless if people speak up.

It sounds sad, but I remember the time when someone from Capcom asked people to hold up money in demand for Darkstalkers 4 so he can take a photo of it and show it to the higher ups. I can't help but to equate that to Square Enix.
---
#5Gencoil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:23:48 AM
It's sad that they won't even acknowledge the interest people show on Facebook. They haven't said a word, not even a simple "thank you for your enthusiasm!".
---
#6Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/15/2013 7:11:47 AM
Made a typo in my post about "definitely not". Meant to say "definitely," because it goes to show that signatures don't even necessarily reflect how much a product might actually sell.

Square Enix honestly could probably get this game to sell well with the right marketing going on. In Japan, they released 5 demos on the Nintend eShop over the course of a year for BDFF. Whaddya know, that probably contributed a lot since it ensured people they were getting a product that they could enjoy. 300k might not seem like great numbers, but for a new IP on a relatively new system, it's definitely an amazing effort.

Could probably discuss the game in their own site blog as well and drive up interests. I posted about the game frequently to Tumblr with photosets of my playthrough and it definitely drove up some interest. Allow sites like Kotaku and IGN to do impressions, etc. Discussing the game in general is what drives up interest.

Namco Bandai confessed they felt they did a lousy job advertising Tales of Graces f prior to its release last year, though I think the overpriced DLC is what helped balanced out low sales overall. Still, for a company to acknowledge that fault, that says a lot in what they're aware of what they could stand to improve on.

But then I'm just a lowly graphic design major making ads for small companies. I probably don't know any better. :V
---
#7holyknight14Posted 2/15/2013 10:48:36 AM
Well, acknowledging and following through are two different animals. Many companies are quick to acknowledge their faults to appease fickle fans, but never fix the problems.
#8Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/15/2013 10:58:25 AM
Considering ToGf was already out by then, it was pretty much too late for them to do anything.

But you are right in the aspect of acknowledging =/= following through. I feel they haven't been doing too much of a good job with ToX (though I feel the game is rubbish anyway, but I can understand the desire for more Tales games being localized) in terms of advertising. I already forgot they were even localizing the game, but my guess is they didn't want it to impede on Ni no Kuni's hype train.

Just a hunch, anyway. Namco Bandai has slowly been improving things, so I give them a lot of credit for as often as I crap on them for things. It might be too early for me to claim they're forgetting about ToX, so I'll just give them some time to keep hype going for NnK while it's still selling.
---
#9ShinGundamPosted 2/15/2013 11:45:24 PM
I think when it comes to JRPGs, people just have many good choices at the moment, I think games like Ni No Kuni( a Semi traditional one), EO4, Soul Hackers, P4G, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Project x Zone and the upcoming Pokemon are distracting people from raging over a throwback JRPG.
#10MagiusNecrosPosted 2/16/2013 9:11:54 AM
Rayman is rather recent and Ubisoft pissed a lot of fans expecting a release on the 26th of this month.

So the immense support makes sense.

Though I doubt a petition will mean much to Ubisoft. Who's focusing on postponed release since they supposedly can only afford one marketing campaign.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
More topics from this board...
The AdventurerRingabelDim29/12 5:08PM