The Rayman Legends petition got 10,000 signatures in just a few days...

#21Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/23/2013 11:10:55 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Because JRPGs don't sell that well overseas if they aren't Pokemon or Final Fantasy -- Even then, the latter's likely declined in sales due to FFXIII and XIV not faring so well under the eyes of critics and JRPGs simply not being welcomed as they were in the past gen.

I'd argue it was due to over-saturation of JRPGs for almost two gens straight which just had people getting sick of it and it'll probably come to a point where it comes into demand again. Kinda like how people are almost finally getting sick of FPSes after a whole gen of them.

At least, I've find friends that were huge FPS nuts simply shrugging at new installments for them being released instead of spazzing and their reason was they wanted a break from the genre. Same with students I've taught while substitute teaching, which surprised me since a lot of the FPS fans are around high school age.

...Trailed off, but I feel genres can get saturated to the point people actually get sick of them. I found myself not wanting to play Pokemon or Ratchet & Clank for awhile due to their yearly releases -- Skipping White 2 and whatever recent installments for R&C helped me become more motivated to play Y and whatever next R&C game may come.

This game is for all intents and purposes a Final Fantasy game - if SE was smart they'd subtitle it with FF in the name and sell a ton of copies.
#22brianrpgfanPosted 2/23/2013 11:20:29 PM
Gandalf the Istari, so then if this jrpg really should be called Final Fantasy, why did they or the staff who worked on it decide to change the title? The only review on this board mentioned there is reason why this jrpg is called Bravely Default: Flying Fairy! Perhaps the only way to know the exact reason is to play through it if it does get ported to the West.
#23gearratioPosted 3/5/2013 3:50:48 PM
Hey gencoil, long time.
---
Stupid tire! Ya friggin' tire! You think you're better than me?! I'll kick your ass!
"spokesperson of Contra's fans, customers, and developers"
#24Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/5/2013 9:24:07 PM
brianrpgfan posted...
Gandalf the Istari, so then if this jrpg really should be called Final Fantasy, why did they or the staff who worked on it decide to change the title? The only review on this board mentioned there is reason why this jrpg is called Bravely Default: Flying Fairy! Perhaps the only way to know the exact reason is to play through it if it does get ported to the West.

If you read my post and attempt to understand it you'll notice that I suggested doing this for sales rather than creative reasoning or storyline purposes. I'm well aware that the title of the damn game is important to the story.
More topics from this board...
The AdventurerRingabelDim29/12 5:08PM