5 minute preview of Bravely Default/Linked Horizon concert DVD/Blu-Ray!

#1cheeseyrox2Posted 2/17/2013 3:14:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOtVEt-3L4Q

We don't have this game. We don't have an announcement of us getting the game. We've had this game's amazing music to enjoy. Now we have a 5 minute preview of a DVD of the BDFF concert that happened earlier in November.

I love how they got the Tokyo Philharmonic to perform the orchestrations.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 240
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 2/17/2013 3:24:44 PM
Man I can't wait.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#3Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/17/2013 5:09:29 PM
Man I can't wait.

This.

Excuse me while I fangirl. Immensely.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#4werothPosted 2/18/2013 5:54:48 AM
BRB, preordering!

OMG, Revo did you just bring an orchestra too!? Awesome
---
Playing: Tales of Vesperia, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Summon NIght 3
Waiting: Sen no Kiseki
#5cheeseyrox2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:52:48 PM
Yeah, Revo got the Tokyo Philharmonic! I really want to see this whole thing.

It's around two and a half hours in length I believe.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 240
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/19/2013 6:54:00 PM
I could've sworn the music was already fully orchestrated to boot, good God I wish I could've been there just to hear the live version of "Wicked Flight".
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7cheeseyrox2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:09:52 PM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
I could've sworn the music was already fully orchestrated to boot, good God I wish I could've been there just to hear the live version of "Wicked Flight".

Well, the soundtrack was recorded with live instruments. But these are arrangements of the soundtrack with the accompaniment of an actual orchestra.
---
#8IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/19/2013 7:15:27 PM
And from what I heard, it sounded damn near identical. Gotta love Sound Horizon, glad to hear that confirmation of the soundtrack being recorded with live instruments. Simply amazing ****, I would've loved to have gone to that concert, just imagining "Wicked Flight" live, I get some serious goosebumps from it.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#9cheeseyrox2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:41:08 PM(edited)
Yeah, the arrangements are mostly faithful. I love the Linked Horizon arrangement of the main battle theme that they did for the concert (as well as for the Luxendarc Daikikou album that was released several months ago):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8XutBAVXng

It's greatly extended and has some great new parts (like that amazing piano bit at around 4:10).

And in regards to the preview, I saw Marty Friedman when the boss battle theme was previewed. He did some great work for IdoIdo/Märchen so I'm glad to see him returning. This concert is also going to be this first time we've seen Ike in a while for Sound Horizon.
---
#10moogle69Posted 2/20/2013 2:51:53 AM
OMG, im gonna cry, this game needs to come out, NOW.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD