For our friend who has access to Square-Enix meetings...

#61squarepoxPosted 2/27/2013 7:02:44 PM
deimos91 posted...

Well unfortunately noone goes there with info at all sorry some people are fans of non FF games by Square

SE localizations entirely are appropriate to bring up. I love Dragon Quest. Hell, I would like to hear about Atlus localiztions if you had news! This has become a rough period of time to be a fan of JRPG's and not speak japanese.

And I hate to be a bummer, but even if localization has been "greenlighted" there is still a chance Bravely Default won't be released stateside--as I believe Aryllies suggested. It sucks. I don't have the capacity to explain whats going on in the game industry/the world but our genre is endangered.
---
Modern Country Music makes more sense when high on Nitros Oxide.
#62Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/27/2013 7:39:29 PM
And I hate to be a bummer, but even if localization has been "greenlighted" there is still a chance Bravely Default won't be released stateside--as I believe Aryllies suggested. It sucks. I don't have the capacity to explain whats going on in the game industry/the world but our genre is endangered.

I think his implication was more of a personal belief in that he doesn't think it'll sell particularly that well -- but that's JRPGs in general these days that aren't Pokemon or Final Fantasy.

Though I recall Ni no Kuni sold relatively well for a non-Pokemon/FF JRPG, so there's always some off-chance.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#63MagiusNecrosPosted 2/27/2013 7:43:45 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...

I think his implication was more of a personal belief in that he doesn't think it'll sell particularly that well -- but that's JRPGs in general these days that aren't Pokemon or Final Fantasy.

Though I recall Ni no Kuni sold relatively well for a non-Pokemon/FF JRPG, so there's always some off-chance.

He meant RPG strength is weak in the west especially for handhelds.

Can't say for sure. Only those that pay attention will care.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#64Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/27/2013 7:48:37 PM
He meant RPG strength is weak in the west especially for handhelds.

Can't say for sure. Only those that pay attention will care.

I can believe that -- Shame though, the handhelds are where all the solid JRPGs are going.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#65RazLordPosted 2/27/2013 7:50:38 PM
squarepox posted...
deimos91 posted...

Well unfortunately noone goes there with info at all sorry some people are fans of non FF games by Square

SE localizations entirely are appropriate to bring up. I love Dragon Quest. Hell, I would like to hear about Atlus localiztions if you had news! This has become a rough period of time to be a fan of JRPG's and not speak japanese.

Why wouldn't it come out in western regions? If you're going to use Type-0 as an example, it should be said that Type-0 had the unfortunate circumstance of being on a platform that simply did not do all that well in the US and such. Thus, I could see why Square would can it since well, it would be a moneysink with very little returns.

Now, if anything, I dare say JRPGs could be hitting a renaissance at some point in the future. At least, if the response to games such as Ni No Kuni is anything to go by. I don't particularly care about the game myself but it shows that there is still interest in JRPGs. It helps that the market is getting over-saturated with shooters and the like.

Also, I don't think Aryllies suggested anywhere that even with it getting localized, it won't see a release. What he said is that the game likely won't do well and I believe most of us can agree on this.

One last word for people crying about DQ, just wait like we were doing. The most recent game was released like what, 1-2 weeks ago? Just be patient.
#66MagiusNecrosPosted 2/27/2013 8:14:34 PM
There is DQ Terry's Wonderland to also consider.

Sure Type 0 is one instance, but there is Before Crisis a previous instance and now one DQ title.

Soon if this repeats, you don't see a coincidence, but more a pattern.
---
#67RazLordPosted 2/27/2013 8:53:44 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
There is DQ Terry's Wonderland to also consider.

Sure Type 0 is one instance, but there is Before Crisis a previous instance and now one DQ title.

Soon if this repeats, you don't see a coincidence, but more a pattern.

The problem with using Before Crisis as an example is that it was a mobile game and made long before the current surge of people playing mobile games on their cellphones/smartphones/whatever. Plus, the game required a monthly subscription to play, and I doubt people at that time would've bothered with a mobile game that requires monthly payments. Even now, I don't think people would bother.

With Type-0, like I said, simply a matter that Square would lose a lot of money on it. If perhaps the Vita market improved greatly, they could consider a PSN release. Otherwise, not much can be done.

Going by the pattern in DQ releases, English releases come at more than a year after the Japanese release. I'll say to just wait until E3 or such for any announcements.
#68IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/27/2013 9:46:34 PM
And yet the funny thing is, BDFF has a ton of buzz being generated about the title, yes, the Facebook campaign group has just over 2,000 members, but OpRa is fully supportive of it too. I do believe that while it won't sell in the millions, it should do a respectable amount in the US and EU should the localization be a smashing success. At the least, over 100K per region. Probably more in the US than in EU, but both should be moderately successful.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#69MagiusNecrosPosted 2/28/2013 4:09:29 AM
The point I essentially bring up with Before Crisis is if Square is totally behind the mobile market, would it not be ideal for them to bring that here?
---
#70RazLordPosted 2/28/2013 8:14:10 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
The point I essentially bring up with Before Crisis is if Square is totally behind the mobile market, would it not be ideal for them to bring that here?

If the game existed on the two biggest mobile OSes in the US at least, then yes. That is to say, since Before Crisis is pretty much exclusive to whatever Japanese mobile carriers used at the time, we will never see it in English unless Square decides to port it to Android/iOS.