For our friend who has access to Square-Enix meetings...

#71MagiusNecrosPosted 2/28/2013 1:42:55 PM
RazLord posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
The point I essentially bring up with Before Crisis is if Square is totally behind the mobile market, would it not be ideal for them to bring that here?

If the game existed on the two biggest mobile OSes in the US at least, then yes. That is to say, since Before Crisis is pretty much exclusive to whatever Japanese mobile carriers used at the time, we will never see it in English unless Square decides to port it to Android/iOS.

Or 3DS if Tabata is allowed to remake it as he casually implied.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#72DullahanEXPosted 2/28/2013 3:17:02 PM
SE's not going to remake a game just to bring over to one region. If Tabata really wanted such a project he would be pushing hard for it, but he's all about Type-0 series now.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#73MagiusNecrosPosted 2/28/2013 3:56:58 PM
DullahanEX posted...
SE's not going to remake a game just to bring over to one region. If Tabata really wanted such a project he would be pushing hard for it, but he's all about Type-0 series now.

Eh.

He meant as a new title for all regions bro.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#74deimos91Posted 3/1/2013 8:33:29 AM
RazLord posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
There is DQ Terry's Wonderland to also consider.

Sure Type 0 is one instance, but there is Before Crisis a previous instance and now one DQ title.

Soon if this repeats, you don't see a coincidence, but more a pattern.

The problem with using Before Crisis as an example is that it was a mobile game and made long before the current surge of people playing mobile games on their cellphones/smartphones/whatever. Plus, the game required a monthly subscription to play, and I doubt people at that time would've bothered with a mobile game that requires monthly payments. Even now, I don't think people would bother.

With Type-0, like I said, simply a matter that Square would lose a lot of money on it. If perhaps the Vita market improved greatly, they could consider a PSN release. Otherwise, not much can be done.

Going by the pattern in DQ releases, English releases come at more than a year after the Japanese release. I'll say to just wait until E3 or such for any announcements.

But DQM came out in may and rocket slime well before that almost a year and a half since rocket slime
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#75Emmy19Posted 3/2/2013 12:09:55 PM
"Emmy~~~ It's Neo. C:"

Small world, isn't it? XD

I still think that bumping the petition wouldn't hurt, regardless of whether or not SE cares about it and still let more people know about the game. Actually, if it DOES get confirmed for release, let more people know about the game anyway. So if sequels happen, they get released too.
#76Lacrymosa143Posted 3/3/2013 1:11:38 PM
Emmy19 posted...
"Emmy~~~ It's Neo. C:"

Small world, isn't it? XD

I still think that bumping the petition wouldn't hurt, regardless of whether or not SE cares about it and still let more people know about the game. Actually, if it DOES get confirmed for release, let more people know about the game anyway. So if sequels happen, they get released too.

Sense this makes