I hope the sequel we'll never play has older characters

#11MagiusNecros(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 12:29:01 PM
Okay. I want older, more mature, relatable, and well developed characters. And well written.

A human character.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#12squarepoxPosted 2/21/2013 5:26:01 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Okay. I want older, more mature, relatable, and well developed characters. And well written.

A human character.

You are the bomb, my friend. I completely agree. I wont explain what I mean by relatable and better written, but thats in part what I want out of the company too.
---
Modern Country Music makes more sense when high on Nitros Oxide.
#13Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/21/2013 6:09:22 PM
Well, like I said, age is irrelevant at best. Everything else, I'd agree with.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#14MonkeySeraphPosted 2/21/2013 9:26:52 PM
MagiusNecros posted...

A human character.

except most humans are nothing like that at all in fact most humans are like lighting in that they are totally worthless.
What you desire is a fantasy.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#15IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/21/2013 9:38:37 PM
Sorry, I was on my smartphone and did not have time to write out what I wanted to say. No, FF9 doesn't suck due to it's young cast, hell, Steiner and Beatrix were the only two characters I could say I truly liked, and of course the latter never ends up joining permanently. But other than that, the rest of the characters were as cookie cutter as they come, and there were just a bunch of things about that game that I simply did not like.

Also, Snow was a dumbass in FF13, but I liked him anyway because he had a good heart, was chill, easy going and did not show fear in the face of danger. He seemed much more human than most of the FF9 cast to me. Hell, there were some young folks in FF13/13-2's cast as a whole believe it or not and while I didn't care much for Hope in FF13, in 13-2 he actually matured a fair amount.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#16MagiusNecros(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:44:53 AM
MonkeySeraph posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

A human character.

except most humans are nothing like that at all in fact most humans are like lighting in that they are totally worthless.
What you desire is a fantasy.

BERSERK
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#17ShinGundamPosted 2/25/2013 5:49:39 AM
MagiusNecros posted...

A human character.

Good luck with that. :P
#18Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/25/2013 7:45:55 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Sorry, I was on my smartphone and did not have time to write out what I wanted to say. No, FF9 doesn't suck due to it's young cast, hell, Steiner and Beatrix were the only two characters I could say I truly liked, and of course the latter never ends up joining permanently. But other than that, the rest of the characters were as cookie cutter as they come, and there were just a bunch of things about that game that I simply did not like.

Also, Snow was a dumbass in FF13, but I liked him anyway because he had a good heart, was chill, easy going and did not show fear in the face of danger. He seemed much more human than most of the FF9 cast to me. Hell, there were some young folks in FF13/13-2's cast as a whole believe it or not and while I didn't care much for Hope in FF13, in 13-2 he actually matured a fair amount.

How is vivi cookie character? He's honestly one of the best characters they've ever managed to write imo.
#19ArylliesPosted 2/25/2013 10:58:20 PM
I liked Vivi from IX and Balthier from XII.

With good writing and relatable design or behaviour from the character, you can make any character interesting regardless of its age.
#20yukitoPosted 2/26/2013 7:16:42 AM
I agree with the sentiment that the writing and design matters more than age. I think more people wouldn't care about the cast being in their teens if they're well written and not obnoxious (and if you do away with some of the tropes that come along with a younger cast). Although you can sometimes do interesting things by playing around with ages or the aging process (like Vivi or Luke from ToA). Basically just make the cast interesting and it'll work out.
---
He's gonna kick that burger!
-Yusketeers
More topics from this board...
The AdventurerRingabelDim29/12 5:08PM