activating overkill

#1musikitPosted 2/23/2013 6:50:00 PM
ok, my japanese is good enough to kind of understand what is going on. but it reality this game is a big vocab lesson for me.

i can;t seem to figure out how to activate overkill.
i get that i need to use brave command 10 times. but at that point what do i do?
do i need to use brave 10 times in 1 battle or can i use it across 3 battles?
it doesnt seem to be listed on the menu commands and i didnt see it in the ability menu.

help please. ^_^
#2Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/23/2013 9:02:48 PM
Brave 10 times for sword-based Deathblows. Can carry over into other battles, it'll pop up as a highlighted command when you meet the requirements.

Other weapons require different prerequisites before triggering their Deathblows, however. Pretty certain rods require you to use magic-based skills 10 times, daggers need you to use the item command 10 times, etc. Can't remember all of them, however.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#3musikit(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 4:36:28 AM
i havent seen it pop up yet :( ok. thxs for the help ^_^
#4Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/24/2013 8:04:50 AM
It should pop up as a command instead of Friend Summon or under Friend Summon, glowing.
---
PSN: Neophoton
#5musikit(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 2:59:22 PM
ahh maybe thats why. didnt even touch the friend summoning.... i dont have friends. haha. seriously though i deactivate my wifi on my 3ds. i don't know what info it is broadcasting so i dont use it.
#6MrFwibblesPosted 2/25/2013 12:43:50 PM
First you have to unlock Deathblow abilities by reconstructing parts of Nolende village. I don't know if you start with the basic ones or not. You'll know when one is available in battle though, since an extra option appears in the menu and it glows.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#7Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/25/2013 9:32:41 PM
You do indeed start with the basic Deathblows.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639