Localization confirmed? :D

#41ArylliesPosted 3/3/2013 12:31:07 AM
Two words: brand image.

Also no need to ask for a translator and an army of lawyers.
Simply asking to a friendly gaijin should suffice.

Also you seem to be misinformed as to what liberties the twitter account guy may take. The answer is the same as the end of this riddle:

What's the name of the FF game for a handheld system that many fans want to see but will never be localised and which name starts with FF Type- .....?

Zero.

Someone told him he had to write something about the upcoming localisation and that he had to include some English in it.

A quick email to the us branch would have sufficed.
#42Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/3/2013 12:43:38 AM
As happy as I am about the localization it's sad to see how poorly SE functions.
#43DullahanEXPosted 3/3/2013 1:42:37 AM(edited)
Aryllies posted...
Two words: brand image.

Eh, not sure what your getting about here. If petitions actually affected brand image they would work. I would think you of all people would know. I've seen many petitions and 2/10 barely do anything if you're lucky. Money is what talks in the game industy period.

Also no need to ask for a translator and an army of lawyers.
Simply asking to a friendly gaijin should suffice.

Again this does not matter. It's one excited guy taking his time to say something. It's hardly a new thing on twitter and most Japanese devs wouldn't normally give fans response about any upcoming confidential plans prior to a press release.

Also you seem to be misinformed as to what liberties the twitter account guy may take. The answer is the same as the end of this riddle:

What's the name of the FF game for a handheld system that many fans want to see but will never be localised and which name starts with FF Type- .....?

Where are you going with this? Are you saying SE should just release a title that they know will bomb and due lack popularity with handhelds and inadequate userbase? No company not even a fan sensitive company like Xseed would ever do this. (That's why aren't getting Trail's in Sky SC).

Zero.

Someone told him he had to write something about the upcoming localisation and that he had to include some English in it.

A quick email to the us branch would have sufficed.

Seriously, this is silly nitpicking, it's just an informal announcement that's not at all uncommon on titter. Don't get me wrong, SE definitely management problems, but this is being blown out proportion. Once again not a official announcement from NA or JP branch, but a voluntary one.

He doesn't have to do anything and we're lucky someone said something at all.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#44ArylliesPosted 3/3/2013 1:19:56 AM
I may be wrong but I think we're talking about two different things lol.

When I said brand image I'm talking about a pathetic tweet with truncated english and an obvious admission of them not being able to find a single english speaker when the target of this tweet obviously are english speakers.

When I'm talking about the twitter account guy not being given any latitude, I'm not theorising as I'm privy to the operational details of such action. This man is not one excited guy but an employee following instructions. That's what I was getting at.

So yes he did have to talk about it as he was told to. And no, we're not lucky he said anything at all. People on this board have been informed of that fact a few days before this announcement.
#45DullahanEXPosted 3/3/2013 1:41:23 AM
Aryllies posted...
I may be wrong but I think we're talking about two different things lol.

When I said brand image I'm talking about a pathetic tweet with truncated english and an obvious admission of them not being able to find a single english speaker when the target of this tweet obviously are english speakers.

And I'm saying that this doesn't matter, unless this is SE's stupid idea of an official announcement then there's no problem. The machine transition here is fine as long as it's understandable. Beside that page is dedicated for JP players, foreign presence there is limited. it's a informal statement at best, we know how SE and every other company actually unveil localization plains.

When I'm talking about the twitter account guy not being given any latitude, I'm not theorising as I'm privy to the operational details of such action. This man is not one excited guy but an employee following instructions. That's what I was getting at.

Perhaps that maybe the case, but it's irrelevant because most foreigners didn't visit that place anyway, and we are going to get a proper release info in the upcoming months. (sorry for repeating myself)

So yes he did have to talk about it as he was told to. And no, we're not lucky he said anything at all. People on this board have been informed of that fact a few days before this announcement.

This board is not the internet and with how dead the it is there probably isn't even 50 people who know about your confirmation. lol
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#46ArylliesPosted 3/3/2013 1:44:13 AM
(I think they wrote an article about it on Kotaku...)
#47AuroraXIIIPosted 3/3/2013 2:11:12 AM
And exposure on GAF, which means hundreds of people would know about his confirmation by now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48230726&postcount=311
#48ArylliesPosted 3/3/2013 2:32:11 AM
It's like a fanclub over there. With people full of doubts. That's the way we like it there.
I should go over and say hello.
#49Kumori_no_YoruPosted 3/3/2013 8:32:18 AM
It's like a fanclub over there. With people full of doubts. That's the way we like it there.
I should go over and say hello.

You've got a mini fanclub. Cuuuuute.

Also, it was commented on the 3DS hardware board awhile ago. More people know about it than just this board, considering people on Tumblr and Square Enix's forum knew about it since that post.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#50Grey_TygrePosted 3/3/2013 11:57:46 AM
Excellent! Hooray! :D

:D
---
3DS FC is 0920-0012-7211
NNID is Llesnouh