Holy christ this game's music

#11Zell_Dintch69Posted 3/23/2013 1:46:57 PM
I'd say it's up there with Uematsu/Mitsuda stuff.
So yeah, it's great.
---
I'm the sun that will banish the darkness from these lands!
#12cheeseyrox2Posted 3/23/2013 2:14:24 PM(edited)
Redd_White posted...
I agree that it's a good soundtrack, but the more I listen to it, the more I find it kinda overrated. I find some songs to be sorta pompous and by the numbers. Some battle and event themes are also extremely repetitive, which was a flaw not to be found in what was TRULY a masterpiece, ie the xenoblade soundtrack, where each song had different segments and no melody was overused. Also, I know it's the latest trend in JRPGs to put tons of electric guitar, but at some points in BD it just feels gratuitous and generic.

I agree that Xenoblade's soundtrack is absolutely masterful, and is better than the BDFF soundtrack.

However, I don't think that the guitars in the BDFF soundtrack are generic. They're incredibly well done--something you can't really say about, say, the Tales series' battle themes.

What I think the BDFF soundtrack succeeds in having is quality over quantity. Xenoblade has 90 tracks or so, and the vast majority are excellent, but there are some like Aegir, Irregular Bound, Monado Reacts, Uneasiness, Ether Mine, etc that I don't really care about at all. While this is true for pretty much every soundtrack out there, I feel that about a MUCH lower percentage of the BDFF soundtrack. It's only 46 tracks long, but almost all of the tracks have great melodies.

For a handheld soundtrack, it sounds amazing too.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 240
#13RazLordPosted 3/23/2013 2:23:16 PM
Redd_White posted...
I actually like Love's vagrant a lot, I meant some of the more military sounding tracks, or the ones that feel like they accompany the more tense moments.

Hehe, you're definitely missing on something if you think FF XII is representative in the slightest of xenoblade's quality :)

Ah, I see now. In regards to boss themes, I find that Fighting to the End and That Person's Name Is are pretty freaking awesome so I don't see your complaints there. For military-ish songs, Land of Civil War seems to have a good mix of other instruments in it. If you have specific examples, feel free to mention them otherwise again, I don't see it.

Never said anything about Xenoblade's quality by the way, might want to re-read my comment. Anyways, my point was that Xenoblade is very much alike to FFXII. I forgot to mention this in my last post but the problem with your comment about repeating certain melodies is that a lot of JRPGs out there do such things with regards to their soundtracks.
#14ZendaikPosted 3/23/2013 2:41:20 PM
That Person's Name Is has really good guitar in the later part of the track.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#15_Bad_Player_Posted 3/24/2013 8:53:14 PM
Honestly, the deciding factor that pushed me over the edge into buying this game was the amazing overworld music, which I got to hear during demo.

But yeah, it's pretty amazing. Can't wait to download the OST once I finish the game (omw to the earth crystal!)

Obligatory link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rufYo2tKy4I
#16Muppet VaderPosted 3/25/2013 9:14:00 AM
ragingblader posted...
I was already interested in this game, but I've listening to some songs from the game, and they're amazing. It's some of the best music I've heard in a while.
I especially like this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CAhqCAzkxg
This is Ys-quality music if you ask me.
I just hope that the game gets localized.

I was listening to the link, and various others, but I couldn't find any songs. There were some nice instrumentals like "Wicked Flight" and "Four Legends", but I couldn't find the songs.

Links?
---
"36: God of overlords"
#17LeanaunfurledPosted 3/25/2013 9:53:42 AM
I was listening to the link, and various others, but I couldn't find any songs. There were some nice instrumentals like "Wicked Flight" and "Four Legends", but I couldn't find the songs.

Links?

That Youtube user has a playlist of the entire BD soundtrack.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#18moogle69Posted 3/25/2013 2:55:52 PM
RazLord posted...
Redd_White posted...
I actually like Love's vagrant a lot, I meant some of the more military sounding tracks, or the ones that feel like they accompany the more tense moments.

Hehe, you're definitely missing on something if you think FF XII is representative in the slightest of xenoblade's quality :)

Ah, I see now. In regards to boss themes, I find that Fighting to the End and That Person's Name Is are pretty freaking awesome so I don't see your complaints there. For military-ish songs, Land of Civil War seems to have a good mix of other instruments in it. If you have specific examples, feel free to mention them otherwise again, I don't see it.

Never said anything about Xenoblade's quality by the way, might want to re-read my comment. Anyways, my point was that Xenoblade is very much alike to FFXII. I forgot to mention this in my last post but the problem with your comment about repeating certain melodies is that a lot of JRPGs out there do such things with regards to their soundtracks.

EW!! don't even compare a garbage against an shiny light.

disgusting, absolutely disgusting.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#19RazLordPosted 3/25/2013 3:52:01 PM
moogle69 posted...
EW!! don't even compare a garbage against an shiny light.

disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

I don't see any shiny light here, unless you mean that dim cloned light over by the side.
#20Celes18Posted 3/26/2013 5:08:22 AM
I love ''four legends',''baby bird'',''the land of the inmortality'',''you are my hope'',''wanderer of love'',''ballad to hope''...
---
.o.