Hey guys, getting a little worried here in terms of SE's financial situation.

#1Chenmaster2Posted 4/8/2013 7:12:29 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/08/square-enix-detail-where-their-losses-are-coming-from/
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 4/8/2013 7:15:47 PM
Already said my piece on this.

Gotta love how they are focusing on the western front when their JRPG console output is abysmal.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#3Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/8/2013 7:38:40 PM
...Personally I feel they set their expectations too high for those titles. They sold fairly well for what they were.

Though, I agree, that their JRPG output is next to nothing. I only remember XIII-2 being bargain bin fodder due to the insane amount of copies they pushed out that obviously did not sell.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#4eixeeeePosted 4/8/2013 7:43:12 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
...Personally I feel they set their expectations too high for those titles. They sold fairly well for what they were.

Though, I agree, that their JRPG output is next to nothing. I only remember XIII-2 being bargain bin fodder due to the insane amount of copies they pushed out that obviously did not sell.

FFXIII-2 is the cheapest FF I've ever seen for sale over here - a measly $15. And it's pretty expensive to be a gamer where I live, so $15 for a relatively well-known game from a popular series says a lot about how... not so good it was.
---
Currently Playing: SSX DD // Looking forward to: FFX & X-2 HD, BD:FF
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MysteryVeil)
#5RazLordPosted 4/8/2013 7:47:10 PM
3.4 million copies is still a good amount of profit so I'd say that yes, they set their expectations far too high.

Didn't XIII-2 sell far less than what XIII did as well?
#6Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/8/2013 7:53:42 PM(edited)
FFXIII-2 is the cheapest FF I've ever seen for sale over here - a measly $15. And it's pretty expensive to be a gamer where I live, so $15 for a relatively well-known game from a popular series says a lot about how... not so good it was.

Not too surprised with the issue of printing too many copies. They made the mistake with XII's collector's edition in NA several years ago, or so I recall a friend mentioning how it wasn't uncommon to see those copies going for $20 - 30 in several stores

I remember with the launch of FFXIII, they printed so many copies that they wound up going for ~500 yen in a few stores a month later -- Brand new, too!

Didn't XIII-2 sell far less than what XIII did as well?

Compared to XIII, XIII-2 sold pretty poorly... but it was a sequel barely anyone wanted (nor was it asked for). I'd imagine LR will sell about the same if not less.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#7DullahanEXPosted 4/8/2013 10:26:16 PM
MagiusNecros posted...

Gotta love how they are focusing on the western front when their JRPG console output is abysmal.

That's because they had high expectations for those games. It didn't pan out for them so the share-holders are not happy regardless of whether you agree or not. The their JP consoles game outside FFXIV sold to their forecasts, so no real issue there.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#8Zell_Dintch69Posted 4/9/2013 3:17:07 AM
You know there's something wrong wit this industry when a game sells over 3 million copies and they still complain.
---
I'm the sun that will banish the darkness from these lands!
#9MagiusNecrosPosted 4/9/2013 6:18:59 AM
DullahanEX posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

That's because they had high expectations for those games. It didn't pan out for them so the share-holders are not happy regardless of whether you agree or not. The their JP consoles game outside FFXIV sold to their forecasts, so no real issue there.

Expecting it to do Call of Duty numbers isn't going to work.

Next Gen is gonna wake some people up. Hard.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#10holyknight14Posted 4/9/2013 11:41:52 AM
When in doubt, blame it on the foreigners.