Hey guys, getting a little worried here in terms of SE's financial situation.

#11ThirdAwakeningPosted 4/9/2013 4:55:52 PM
Supposedly Square has an immense wealth of assets at the moment, so they aren't going bankrupt anytime soon.

I believe the issue with Tomb Raider was that they WERE NOT breaking even selling over three million units, which is a serious problem.
#12MagiusNecrosPosted 4/9/2013 5:09:47 PM
Expecting Western Studios to magically fix everything and look past the fact that Japan Console output is nonexistent was a dumbass move to make.

Meanwhile their handheld front is superb which leads some to think that their talent is wasted.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#13DullahanEXPosted 4/10/2013 12:43:52 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
Expecting Western Studios to magically fix everything and look past the fact that Japan Console output is nonexistent was a dumbass move to make.

Meanwhile their handheld front is superb which leads some to think that their talent is wasted.

What else are they suppose to do when their teams technology ill equipped? Just lose money?
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#14MagiusNecrosPosted 4/10/2013 3:54:12 AM
DullahanEX posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

What else are they suppose to do when their teams technology ill equipped? Just lose money?

It's poor management. Hopefully the new CEO can make a turn around.

SE's problem is they aren't doing what they always did best. Which was make JRPG's. Unless that is everyone that has left the company were the one's responsible for their greatness to begin with. SE was always more then FF.
---
#15DullahanEXPosted 4/10/2013 10:07:06 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
DullahanEX posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

SE's problem is they aren't doing what they always did best. Which was make JRPG's. Unless that is everyone that has left the company were the one's responsible for their greatness to begin with. SE was always more then FF.

Making JRPGs isn't the problem, they have been doing that all this time. The problem is like most Japanese devs, they haven't able cope well with HD development and the middle engine (Crystal Tools) blew up in their faces. SE's production method isn't suited for today's tech, hence why they're working with Edios to get up to speed.

I expect that hopefully next gen their teams well better grasp of HD development especially since PS4 is now more developer friendly.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#16MagiusNecrosPosted 4/10/2013 10:48:24 AM
DullahanEX posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
DullahanEX posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

Making JRPGs isn't the problem, they have been doing that all this time. The problem is like most Japanese devs, they haven't able cope well with HD development and the middle engine (Crystal Tools) blew up in their faces. SE's production method isn't suited for today's tech, hence why they're working with Edios to get up to speed.

I expect that hopefully next gen their teams well better grasp of HD development especially since PS4 is now more developer friendly.

Do you have this Crystal Tools engine and experience with it?
---