am i the only one...

#1YonimaruPosted 10/3/2013 1:55:26 AM
who is turned off by more of those ugly DS "chibi" styled graphics being used here for thsi game? :/

i have been disliking those graphics stylings since they became a bit trended on the DS, and hoping companies stop doing them soon.

to be fair, i'm also kind of torn on if i'd favor this or DQ 7 remake since from what i read it was one or the other?
---
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!
#2PlentyRAMPosted 10/3/2013 2:19:20 AM
Yonimaru posted...
who is turned off by more of those ugly DS "chibi" styled graphics being used here for thsi game? :/

i have been disliking those graphics stylings since they became a bit trended on the DS, and hoping companies stop doing them soon.

I don't mind since it looks a lot better, this is what FF would've looked like if they stuck to this style beyond the PS1 era. This one was clearly done by choice. The fantastic art direction helps too.

to be fair, i'm also kind of torn on if i'd favor this or DQ 7 remake since from what i read it was one or the other?

I heard that was just a fake rumor. I would still take this though since it's a new game.
#3Gandalf the IstariPosted 10/3/2013 12:18:09 PM
Yonimaru posted...

The graphics look great in my opinion.

The DQ7 thing is a rumor made by annoying DQ fans who for some reason thought that the circumstances of the series release history would suddenly change after 5 years.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#4LegoTechnicPosted 10/5/2013 9:36:59 PM
Honestly the polygonal chibi models are ugly. There's a reason it's called the "super-deformed" style. The portraits are ok, at least.

I'm hoping the story and gameplay will help me to look past the terrible PS1-era shape-people, though.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#5Zell_Dintch69Posted 10/6/2013 7:39:36 AM
This topic is so new and original.
---
I'm the sun that will banish the darkness from these lands!
#6LeanaunfurledPosted 10/6/2013 11:01:09 AM
No, I've always found it charming.
---
Currently Playing: GTAV, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490
#7Johi36Posted 10/9/2013 2:24:33 PM
Oh, I love the Chibi style! :D
#8Yonimaru(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 7:56:37 PM
Zell_Dintch69 posted...

i know, someone who is just expressing open opinion and asking others for shared opinions? so original. :V

totally not like the forced opinion of others, right? 8D
---
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!
#9TenakuPosted 10/22/2013 1:21:54 PM
Yonimaru posted...
Zell_Dintch69 posted...

i know, someone who is just expressing open opinion and asking others for shared opinions? so original. :V

totally not like the forced opinion of others, right? 8D

He means the choice of topic, not posting an opinion and starting a discussion.

Anyways, I agree that the super deformed character graphics do look ugly, especially if you see them up close, but then so did the ones for FFVII and FFIX. But FFVII is a classic to me, and FFIX is my favorite game ever. It's just one of those occasions where you have to use your imagination and remotely plug character art and character graphics together.