Kotaku needs a chill pill!

#21Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/26/2012 1:52:04 PM
I still think that doing things like signing petitions, going onto Square Enix message boards, messaging them a lot and just constantly talking about the product will increase the chance of them deciding to release it in the West. They have, after all, got to think that the money they'll get from BD sales will be worth the costs of the translations, localisations advertising, etc (well, I hear that had a lot to do with Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not being released in the West - they didn't think the money made from it would balance the costs of promoting it. I can't quite remember exactly).

Given their comment on Twitter months ago about apparently not knowing the fans wanted Type-0 (don't know how considering just about every video game/Final Fantasy-related message board was demanding the game), I'd say bugging them about BD is worth it to give them the hint.
---
PSN: Neophoton (I pop up whenever, so I'll add you back whenever I do get on)
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#22Emmy19Posted 12/26/2012 2:54:58 PM
nenotoki_kumori posted...
I still think that doing things like signing petitions, going onto Square Enix message boards, messaging them a lot and just constantly talking about the product will increase the chance of them deciding to release it in the West. They have, after all, got to think that the money they'll get from BD sales will be worth the costs of the translations, localisations advertising, etc (well, I hear that had a lot to do with Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not being released in the West - they didn't think the money made from it would balance the costs of promoting it. I can't quite remember exactly).

Given their comment on Twitter months ago about apparently not knowing the fans wanted Type-0 (don't know how considering just about every video game/Final Fantasy-related message board was demanding the game), I'd say bugging them about BD is worth it to give them the hint.

Well, Asano did say to keep talking about it and check Square Enix's Twitter and FB and stuff like that. Which could be a hint that they might consider it if it gets enough recognition. Who knows? Obviously we shouldn't keep our hopes too high but that doesn't mean we have to be pessimistic and say that no matter what we do, it won't make a difference. XD
#23ArylliesPosted 12/29/2012 10:08:04 PM
I am something of an "insider" so to speak and from everything I've heard, Bravely Default is not even on the table as of right now.

Square-Enix usually holds a meeting on a bimonthly basis regarding releasing products "overseas." (EU/US) The last meeting was held mid December and Bravely Default wasn't one of them.

I suppose it is too early to hope for an announcement. However I do understand Kotaku's reaction. IT is infuriating for many EU/US gamers to see that they're only given the scraps.

I myself sometime feel bad for them as most of the people with executive powers over the localisation's decisions have no clue/ disregard what the demand is. It may sound counter-intuitive in such a competitive market and challenging economy, however, keep in mind that here in Japan, it's a safer bet to launch yet another card/social game (like the upcoming Final Fantasy Art collection card "game.")

Zero risk/ Ok return. That's their motto as it is now.
#24Emmy19Posted 12/30/2012 4:55:34 AM
Aryllies posted...
I am something of an "insider" so to speak and from everything I've heard, Bravely Default is not even on the table as of right now.

Square-Enix usually holds a meeting on a bimonthly basis regarding releasing products "overseas." (EU/US) The last meeting was held mid December and Bravely Default wasn't one of them.

I suppose it is too early to hope for an announcement. However I do understand Kotaku's reaction. IT is infuriating for many EU/US gamers to see that they're only given the scraps.

I myself sometime feel bad for them as most of the people with executive powers over the localisation's decisions have no clue/ disregard what the demand is. It may sound counter-intuitive in such a competitive market and challenging economy, however, keep in mind that here in Japan, it's a safer bet to launch yet another card/social game (like the upcoming Final Fantasy Art collection card "game.")

Oh. :(

I guess we have to hope that it's on the meeting in February or something and keep bugging them until then. Still, all hope isn't lost. It would suck if Bravely Default was released overseas a year after its Japanese one but I'd rather have that than no overseas release at all. :/
#25Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/30/2012 8:39:15 AM

Not that I doubt you, but it's because I know someone is gonna question you on your validity. I personally can (and for the most part, do) believe what you said, but once again, someone's gonna come in and question it.

However, I can certainly believe them wanting to play it safe. Shame Square Enix is going the way of what Namco Bandai was just a few years ago in becoming notorious in hoarding their titles.

Mind if I ask what's your take on what the trademark for "All the Bravest" would be, then? If it isn't Bravely Default, then my only guess is it's some published Western-made title, and yet something's telling me it isn't that.
---
#26MagiusNecrosPosted 12/30/2012 9:04:59 AM
It is true that Square is going the Namco route.

If we see Bravely Default it would have to be at least a yearly gap for a translation if at all.

They are so concerned about the potential destruction of their flagship franchise and are playing it safe.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#27Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/30/2012 9:17:32 AM
Hello, Magius~ I don't post to the Type-0 board anymore, but fancy seeing you here. C:

I'd like to think they're destroying their flagship title on their own. I don't care for XIII (I actually enjoyed the first one -- the second was too much of a DLC fest for me to care for), but when they keep releasing games that are poorly received, they're dirtying their own hands.
---
#28MagiusNecrosPosted 12/30/2012 9:26:11 AM(edited)
Hello, Magius~ I don't post to the Type-0 board anymore, but fancy seeing you here. C:

I'd like to think they're destroying their flagship title on their own. I don't care for XIII (I actually enjoyed the first one -- the second was too much of a DLC fest for me to care for), but when they keep releasing games that are poorly received, they're dirtying their own hands.

I am of the opinion XIII didn't do as well as once thought and XIV seemed to deliberately fail initially on purpose to cover for XIII in an attempt to get us to like XIII. And only now are they shifting into full gear for XIV.

I see XIV and I see that it looks nice but that's all I see out of it. MMO's aren't my cup if tea.

It's amazing how their handheld releases are excellent yet their console titles are rather weak.

And they keep any word on Versus utterly silent.

Bravely Default seems looks like a truly amazing game and I'd like to play it, but Square's lack of self-confidence may cause their downfall. They used to be the RPG King but that seems it may end sooner or later.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#29Emmy19Posted 12/30/2012 9:23:59 AM
I liked the first and second FF XIII games. The third one really hasn't piqued my interest so far, though.

I'm more interested in Bravely Default and KH 1.5 Remix. I just hope that Square Enix gets persuaded to take the risk with BD and release both games. :(
#30Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/30/2012 9:36:37 AM(edited)

I am of the opinion XIII didn't do as well as once thought and XIV seemed to deliberately fail initially on purpose to cover for XIII in an attempt to get us to like XIII. And only now are they shifting into full gear for XIV.

I see XIV and I see that it looks nice but that's all I see out of it. MMO's aren't my cup if tea.

It's amazing how their handheld releases are excellent yet their console titles are rather weak.

And they keep any word on Versus utterly silent.

I can believe that, considering they've been shoving XIII onto people and spent about a year or so letting XIV be lost profits.

I'm not into MMOs myself, XIV is just really pretty and nice to look at. I don't fancy subscriptions for games, but I'm sure there's people out there who might enjoy it. I just find it hard to believe they were willing to let the game sit for so long.

But agreed, their handheld titles have been some of the best while their console titles -- the ones that get far more attention in development -- wound up being so weak. Makes me wish they'd get their act together.

I liked the first and second FF XIII games. The third one really hasn't piqued my interest so far, though.

I'm more interested in Bravely Default and KH 1.5 Remix. I just hope that Square Enix gets persuaded to take the risk with BD and release both games. :(

DLC's not my thing, but I'm just a poor lady who struggles to adapt to games this gen and views DLC as the worst thing possible. Maybe it's just me getting older... but that's why I shunned XIII-2. I'm not even sure if it's a legitimately good game, but have heard it's improved on things from XIII.

Still, it irks me when Square puts out titles like Heroes of Ruin which do some horrendous and yet have zero confidence in games such as BD -- games that the fans have been asking for in a long time.
---
More topics from this board...
The AdventurerRingabelDim29/12 5:08PM