The Rayman Legends petition got 10,000 signatures in just a few days...

#11Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/16/2013 10:27:03 AM
I have never understood the popularity of Rayman. I had one game of the series for playstation I think when I was young and it was terrible.
#12Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/16/2013 10:43:02 AM
Rayman 2 was awesome. :<

Either way, don't think anyone's really made suggestions for taking a more serious approach. That is to say, I was curious as to how Operation Rainfall went about things, though I question how much of an influence did they actually play in bringing the Wii JRPGs to NA.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#13Wendys_KitsukePosted 2/17/2013 6:58:38 PM
Well it looks like SE finally listened to us fans.
According the March Issue of GameInformer mag. Bravely Default Fling Fairy will be released in the US. Release date is still TBA.
---
STYLE SAVVY KITSUKE THE ART OF DRESSING SHOP CODE L19T69T72
#14Gencoil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 2:23:31 AM
Wendys_Kitsuke posted...
According the March Issue of GameInformer mag. Bravely Default Fling Fairy will be released in the US. Release date is still TBA.

Only in the US? You have a link or something?
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#15Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/20/2013 9:54:59 AM
Wendys_Kitsuke posted...

Check the thread they made. The article was misleading; there haven't been any plans to release the game overseas.
---
#16TheTrinityPosted 2/21/2013 10:15:59 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Wendys_Kitsuke posted...

Check the thread they made. The article was misleading; there haven't been any plans to release the game overseas.

Do we know for sure that there aren't any plans, or do we just not know if there are any?

If it's the latter I'd say a petition is premature. Rainfall took a while and that was when the company stated for sure there were no localization plans. I feel like starting petitions not too long after games are released in Japan is jumping the gun a little.
---
Il n'y a rien de nouveau sous le soleil.
#17Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/22/2013 12:54:31 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Wendys_Kitsuke posted...

Do we know for sure that there aren't any plans, or do we just not know if there are any?

If it's the latter I'd say a petition is premature. Rainfall took a while and that was when the company stated for sure there were no localization plans. I feel like starting petitions not too long after games are released in Japan is jumping the gun a little.

The latter, but it was in reference to the person making claims at the article confirmed a localization when it did no such thing -- The article itself merely expressed a desire for the game to get localized.

As for release plans... The game was released almost 5 months ago (~2 weeks away from reaching to 5 months), and with niche games like Project X Zone getting announced for localization before it -- and particularly from import hoarders like Namco Bandai compared to the likes of Square Enix (a company that likely has bigger budgets than Namco Bandai does), I can see why it's causing some concern with people as of now.

Granted, I'm not gonna be one of those people declaring it'll never come over -- If you've been reading my posts in other threads, you'll see I've actually been arguing more for the other side in that I'm convinced it'll get localized, but much like their non-Final Fantasy (or KH, by extension), they'll likely announce it closer to its release date to prevent people from forgetting it even exists and due to the mass amount of voice overs that the game has, it could take awhile.

tl;dr: I'm actually in the middle. I've already played the game to the end (with consideration for a second playthrough as of now), so it's probably why I'm a bit more lax on the matter compared to some, but I'm also just attempting to look at it from a realistic approach -- And honestly, both sides have valid points, so it really could go either way which is why I'd say if nothing pops up at E3, then Square's likely passing up on the game.
---
#18Gencoil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 5:51:09 AM
I don't understand why a company would not release a big ambitious game like this in the west. If it was a short action game or a puzzle game I could understand it. But we're talking about something they've put a considerable amount of work into. And it sold like crazy in Japan. Now, considering how few JRPGs the 3DS currently has in the west, I feel like it's guaranteed that people would gobble it up if they were to localize it.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#19Kumori_no_YoruPosted 2/22/2013 10:39:38 AM
Because JRPGs don't sell that well overseas if they aren't Pokemon or Final Fantasy -- Even then, the latter's likely declined in sales due to FFXIII and XIV not faring so well under the eyes of critics and JRPGs simply not being welcomed as they were in the past gen.

I'd argue it was due to over-saturation of JRPGs for almost two gens straight which just had people getting sick of it and it'll probably come to a point where it comes into demand again. Kinda like how people are almost finally getting sick of FPSes after a whole gen of them.

At least, I've find friends that were huge FPS nuts simply shrugging at new installments for them being released instead of spazzing and their reason was they wanted a break from the genre. Same with students I've taught while substitute teaching, which surprised me since a lot of the FPS fans are around high school age.

...Trailed off, but I feel genres can get saturated to the point people actually get sick of them. I found myself not wanting to play Pokemon or Ratchet & Clank for awhile due to their yearly releases -- Skipping White 2 and whatever recent installments for R&C helped me become more motivated to play Y and whatever next R&C game may come.
---
#20holyknight14Posted 2/22/2013 8:40:11 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Kinda like how people are almost finally getting sick of FPSes after a whole gen of them.

I sure hope this happens before I'm a skeleton.