Localization confirmed? :D

#51Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 6:14:55 PM
Aryllies posted...
It's like a fanclub over there. With people full of doubts. That's the way we like it there.
I should go over and say hello.

Drop a Versus XIII bomb on them (like say predicting the next re-reveal) and they will worship you XD
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#52Lacrymosa143Posted 3/4/2013 7:56:24 PM
Exentryk posted...
Aryllies posted...
It's like a fanclub over there. With people full of doubts. That's the way we like it there.

Drop a Versus XIII bomb on them (like say predicting the next re-reveal) and they will worship you XD

nah, many dont care about versus xiii anymore. like me, i never cared
#53Kumori_no_YoruPosted 3/4/2013 8:28:15 PM
Exentryk posted...
Aryllies posted...

nah, many dont care about versus xiii anymore. like me, i never cared

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who say they don't, but wound up drumming up interest the moment relevant news is murmured.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#54ArylliesPosted 3/4/2013 10:45:33 PM
I believe I've already talked about Versus didn't I?

It's been plagued by internal politics strife but is on track for a late 4th quarter 2013 or early 2014.

From what I've seen, it's a gutted project into which far too much money and time has been poured into. Regarding an official announcement, nothing is planned just yet but we are already ramping up partnerships with distributors/retailers.

Now if some people could decide to make a Vagrant Story 2, I'd be excited but that's never going to happen. ;/
#55Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:29:30 PM
Yeah, you shared it with me, but it wasn't public.

A Dec-Mar release of Versus means they will have to start marketing at the latest by TGS. Even E3, if you want some decent western exposure.

Don't mainline titles have at least 6 months of marketing?
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#56ZendaikPosted 3/5/2013 12:16:45 AM
Aryllies posted...
I believe I've already talked about Versus didn't I?

It's been plagued by internal politics strife but is on track for a late 4th quarter 2013 or early 2014.

From what I've seen, it's a gutted project into which far too much money and time has been poured into. Regarding an official announcement, nothing is planned just yet but we are already ramping up partnerships with distributors/retailers.

Now if some people could decide to make a Vagrant Story 2, I'd be excited but that's never going to happen. ;/

Doesn't this conflict with Lightning Returns? Or do they plan to release both at around the same time?
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#57ArylliesPosted 3/5/2013 12:28:30 AM(edited)
Calling versus a numbered title is debatable at this point.
Anyways some reveals are planned for the TGS (mid september), as for E3 nothing much concerning Versus.

As I said in another topic, they're not even considering localisation as it stands now.
Japan first, we'll see later. Hardly a forward-thinking way of doing things.

Regarding the length of marketing campaigns there's no set rule. It pretty much depends on your definition of campaign. As far as I'm concerned, it takes about 1 year including planning for AAA titles and can take as little as 2 months for smaller projects overseas.

As for it conflicting with Lightning Returns. Not really. The tentative deadlines (Yes, such things do exist, as stupid as this may sound) are far from being too restrictive. Late 4th quarter is the most optimistic one for the game to be ready to ship. (Emphasis on ready.)

My educated guess from the info I have is that late 1st quarter is a far more likely release date. The fighting goes on here and some of the big players aren't too happy with the amount of money this has been costing them. Don't forget that they are pretty much aware that FFXIII versus has been an embarrassment for them worldwide. They don't want to ship a half baked product for this one, now that would truly make them a laughing stock.
#58Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:32:53 AM
Thanks for the information! Shame that it won't be at E3, but it makes sense if it has a Q1 2014 date.

Good to hear that the big guys won't release a sub par product now with Versus. This wait has to be worth it.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#59DullahanEXPosted 3/5/2013 1:40:49 AM(edited)
Aryllies posted...

As I said in another topic, they're not even considering localisation as it stands now.
Japan first, we'll see later. Hardly a forward-thinking way of doing things.

That's understandable though with the development hell it's gone through, fast or slow localization that game just has to be released regardless. It's been seven years since this game was announced and a lot public are even calling into question the game existence. SE's pretty lucky Versus has generate such a strong interest as it stand thanks to it's ambitious nature and difference FFXIII. As long as it turns out to be a quality product in the end, don't people will mind waiting a little more.

I hear you on VS, but without Matsuno it won't be the same despite pretty all his staff still working at SE. It's probably his team their focus their efforts on a new IP or another FF title.

Speaking of which we know that FFXV's most likely in it's planning stages, but has there been any hint on the staff? Hiroyuki Itou is only veteran director I know who most likely free to work on it (though some new blood would be nice).
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#60AuroraXIIIPosted 3/5/2013 2:10:20 AM
DullahanEX posted...
Speaking of which we know that FFXV's most likely in it's planning stages, but has there been any hint on the staff? Hiroyuki Itou is only veteran director I know who most likely free to work on it (though some new blood would be nice).

Ah yes, that's a very important topic actually. Aryllies, do you have any idea what Itou is up to these days?