Thank you, Nintendo!

#1BlueDragmirePosted 4/17/2013 12:20:40 PM
You'd think a company with decades of video game publishing in the United States and Europe would be able to actually export one of their most interesting new games to the rest of the world, but no. Square Enix fails. Again. Not that any of us should be surprised.

So thanks, Nintendo. First you gave us Dragon Quest IV, V, VI, and IX, all great games, and now you've brought us Bravely Default. Xenoblade is forgiven.

But SE: YOU'RE ON NOTICE. (glare) I hope your new President can get you back in order.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 4/17/2013 12:22:22 PM
Yeah I think BDFF is even being published by Nintendo.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#3TiaelPosted 4/17/2013 12:25:03 PM
Actually, SE gave us DQIV and DQV, but Nintendo took over publishing and brought us DQIX and DQVI, which I am thankful for.
Especially since SE was going to let DQVI sit in the mud and hope people forgot about it after they were disappointed in sales or some such, but given their lofty expectations..

BDFF releases this year in EU, 2014 in NA, but I think it'll be more like December 2013 for EU and January 2014 for NA, or something to that effect.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III UMD - Saronia Kingdom, Tales of Graces f - North Strahta Desert
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#4MagiusNecrosPosted 4/17/2013 12:27:31 PM
They will wait for the Pokemon hype to die down.
---
#5TiaelPosted 4/17/2013 12:28:23 PM
Most definitely.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III UMD - Saronia Kingdom, Tales of Graces f - North Strahta Desert
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#6Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/17/2013 12:30:15 PM
Hello, Blue. I haven't seen you on the FF boards in awhile. I'm actually not sure which board I last saw you on, even if I spend more time lurking those boards these days.

Though given it's Nintendo of Europe handling the localization job, I'd say the praise should go to NoE.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#7MagiusNecrosPosted 4/17/2013 12:33:50 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Hello, Blue. I haven't seen you on the FF boards in awhile. I'm actually not sure which board I last saw you on, even if I spend more time lurking those boards these days.

Though given it's Nintendo of Europe handling the localization job, I'd say the praise should go to NoE.

NoA will simply take NoE's translation.
---
#8Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/17/2013 12:45:46 PM
Naturally.

I was kinda banking on them having American voice actors do the job. I was pleased with NoE's translation jobs for Solatorobo, Xenoblade, and Last Story... I just wasn't big on the voice overs for them, save for Solatorobo (for obvious reasons).

Just personal preference on that. I'll reserve judgment for the final product.

With Nintendo handling the game, it gives some slight hope for dual audio (not crying weeb on this one, I just highly enjoyed the Japanese cast and having both is a nice plus to me -- replay value's sake, you can say) compared to if Square Enix was handling it.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#9Gandalf the IstariPosted 4/17/2013 3:06:32 PM
My only question is - if BDFF turns out to be a runaway success does SE lose money by deciding not to publish themselves? Because I hope it is and they do.
#10BlueDragmire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 3:22:51 PM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
My only question is - if BDFF turns out to be a runaway success does SE lose money by deciding not to publish themselves? Because I hope it is and they do.

Nintendo probably paid a small sum to get publishing rights, probably a few million. SE doesn't think we're worth their time anymore, Nintendo believes in us. So buy this game.

The annoying thing is that obvious crap like FFXIII-3 will definitely get localized in a few weeks, Bravely Default takes years.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/