Thank you, Nintendo!

#11DullahanEXPosted 4/18/2013 6:40:53 PM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
My only question is - if BDFF turns out to be a runaway success does SE lose money by deciding not to publish themselves? Because I hope it is and they do.

Most likely.

This obviously to test the waters after 4 Heroes of Light failed.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#12DullahanEXPosted 4/18/2013 6:44:02 PM
BlueDragmire posted...
My only question is - if BDFF turns out to be a runaway success does SE lose money by deciding not to publish themselves? Because I hope it is and they do.

Nintendo probably paid a small sum to get publishing rights, probably a few million. SE doesn't think we're worth their time anymore, Nintendo believes in us. So buy this game.

And whose fault is that? Why think Nintendo nearly passed on being Xenoblade and TLS until a bunch of people whined at them? Not to mention when did get brought they only made limited prints?
---
#13Zeeak4444Posted 4/18/2013 8:00:33 PM
BlueDragmire posted...

Nintendo probably paid a small sum to get publishing rights, probably a few million. SE doesn't think we're worth their time anymore, Nintendo believes in us. So buy this game.

The annoying thing is that obvious crap like FFXIII-3 will definitely get localized in a few weeks, Bravely Default takes years.

Never been a harder this.

**** the nebula saga or whatever 13 is called and get to something interesting like this for an FF game to do justice to the series. 12 was whatever and 13 was horrible and despite the changes I couldn't care about 13-2 either.
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#14Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/18/2013 8:15:02 PM
Doesn't help that the XIII sequels take little effort since they're recycling materials from past XIII games, so when you think about it: that's even less effort involved.

inb4 XIII defenders roll in
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#15DullahanEXPosted 4/19/2013 2:07:32 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Doesn't help that the XIII sequels take little effort since they're recycling materials from past XIII games, so when you think about it: that's even less effort involved.

This is pretty poor argument to use against XIII defenders when even SNES FFs and FFX-X-2 have reused assets. This doesn't not mean effort did going to it either. Games are not made overnight.

Honestly also I don't why some people here keep bringing up BDFF and XIII regardless of either ones quality. It's like trying to compare FFT to FFVII, it's just silly.
---
#16MagiusNecrosPosted 4/19/2013 3:41:45 AM
DullahanEX posted...
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...

This is pretty poor argument to use against XIII defenders when even SNES FFs and FFX-X-2 have reused assets. This doesn't not mean effort did going to it either. Games are not made overnight.

Honestly also I don't why some people here keep bringing up BDFF and XIII regardless of either ones quality. It's like trying to compare FFT to FFVII, it's just silly.

However assets in XIII series are just plopped in places just to make a game for quick cash.

There's no vision behind it. This is evident with the amount of dev time that's put into these products. Along with the companies aggressive expectations.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#17Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/19/2013 5:14:31 AM
DullahanEX posted...

However assets in XIII series are just plopped in places just to make a game for quick cash.

There's no vision behind it. This is evident with the amount of dev time that's put into these products. Along with the companies aggressive expectations.

My point exactly.
---
#18Gandalf the IstariPosted 4/19/2013 8:55:21 AM
DullahanEX posted...
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...

I don't think it's about comparison - it's about the fact the company has been focused on the XIII compilation - which at this point is a failure considering one wasn't localized and the other is locked into one of the longest development cycles ever.
#19jj984jjPosted 4/19/2013 9:32:52 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
With Nintendo handling the game, it gives some slight hope for dual audio (not crying weeb on this one, I just highly enjoyed the Japanese cast and having both is a nice plus to me -- replay value's sake, you can say) compared to if Square Enix was handling it.

Is there really so little voice acting that two tracks would fit? I thought I heard the opposite really, that this game has an pretty hefty amount of VA.
---
Currently Most Anticipated: Soul Hackers
GotY 2013 (so far): Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
#20Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/19/2013 10:00:44 AM(edited)
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
With Nintendo handling the game, it gives some slight hope for dual audio (not crying weeb on this one, I just highly enjoyed the Japanese cast and having both is a nice plus to me -- replay value's sake, you can say) compared to if Square Enix was handling it.

Is there really so little voice acting that two tracks would fit? I thought I heard the opposite really, that this game has an pretty hefty amount of VA.

Where'd you get the impression I said there wasn't much voice overs? There certainly are a lot of voice overs in the game.

I just wouldn't mind some dual audio. At the same time, I can live without it nor am I seriously expecting it.

Edit:

Just realized the tone in my post can come off as condescending. By no means did I intend it to come off that way. My apologies. u_u
---