i will forgive squarenix

#1RovCalPosted 4/22/2013 8:40:59 PM
my favourite game of all time is ff9.if this game turns out to be like it, as ppl are saying, than square i will give you a kiss on your forehead... and i will forgive you for destroying ff's.
#2ZoelPosted 4/22/2013 9:47:44 PM
I won't forgive them, simply cause Nintendo is publishing it. To me that means Square had no faith in the product that Nintendo had to step in.
---
AKA as Zoelius / PSN: Celis777 [ working on P4G Faq]
P4A Main = Aegis / BB Main = Carl
#3RovCal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:02:19 PM
Zoel posted...
I won't forgive them, simply cause Nintendo is publishing it. To me that means Square had no faith in the product that Nintendo had to step in.

... true square thinking is messed up, but than why didt square publish type 0 yet? my conclusion is that square believes that handheld jrpgs dont work in the west.. and not cuz bdff or type 0 are bad... anyway i m grateful to nintendo. hope the new square prez is sane.
#4ZoelPosted 4/22/2013 10:07:15 PM
To me, I think selling any games on the PSP hardware is fighting a uphill battle, to me thats probably the main reason of not releasing the game. Plus when the game was released, the PSP is pretty much dead in america. Even games like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker did terrible on the american market. So yeah the whole psp system is plagued with piracy. I see Square decision on not releasing FF Type 0 is a safe choice. But to me thats missing out one of the best Final Fantasy game ever made. I just hope they make a HD remaster someday, and maybe then we might get Type 0 in America.
---
AKA as Zoelius / PSN: Celis777 [ working on P4G Faq]
P4A Main = Aegis / BB Main = Carl
#5RovCal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:35:02 PM
Zoel posted...
To me, I think selling any games on the PSP hardware is fighting a uphill battle, to me thats probably the main reason of not releasing the game. Plus when the game was released, the PSP is pretty much dead in america. Even games like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker did terrible on the american market. So yeah the whole psp system is plagued with piracy. I see Square decision on not releasing FF Type 0 is a safe choice. But to me thats missing out one of the best Final Fantasy game ever made. I just hope they make a HD remaster someday, and maybe then we might get Type 0 in America.

your totally right abt psp piracy thing and i think the solution is Vita! lets see what they do. and there u go maybe the psp piracy prob, decreased there confidance in handheld market cuz i remember seeing a pirated dc cartridges containing like 20 titles on a cartridge or smething. anywat i m pretty sure western bdff sales will open there eyes.
#6Redd_WhitePosted 4/23/2013 3:08:58 AM
RovCal posted...
my favourite game of all time is ff9.if this game turns out to be like it, as ppl are saying

Now don't get over excited, people are glad that square did make an actual very good RPG for a change, but I saw absolutely no one ever compare it to FF9, if only for the fact that BD is very inspired by the early FFs with a story nowhere near as complex as FF9, and a certain big flaw in the late game.
#7RovCal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:42:44 AM
Redd_White posted...
RovCal posted...
my favourite game of all time is ff9.if this game turns out to be like it, as ppl are saying

Now don't get over excited, people are glad that square did make an actual very good RPG for a change, but I saw absolutely no one ever compare it to FF9, if only for the fact that BD is very inspired by the early FFs with a story nowhere near as complex as FF9, and a certain big flaw in the late game.

ah ppl on forums relate this game the most with ff9s... and for me psone ff's were more abt the 'feel', character development, and insane charm than story. heck ffs are the only rpgs in which i remember characters names lol! so thats what i m seeing in bdff, infact i m a vita owner and will buy 3ds with this game launch!. story wise kho ffs are not so great.
#8Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/23/2013 7:10:11 AM
RovCal posted...

I compared it to FFIX several times in a lot of my posts. If anything, art direction-wise, it's more similar to FFIX than the other installments.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#9MagiusNecrosPosted 4/23/2013 7:14:12 AM
Nintendo seems to be pushing for the good ones. Will probably get DQ7 as well. I consider FF a dead franchise if it doesn't pick up.

They've already killed Front Mission, and Parasite Eve under Toriyama's wing alone.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#10Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/23/2013 7:18:55 AM
Nintendo seems to be pushing for the good ones. Will probably get DQ7 as well. I consider FF a dead franchise if it doesn't pick up.

They've already killed Front Mission, and Parasite Eve under Toriyama's wing alone.

I'd imagine I probably won't see another FM or PE that isn't total rubbish.

That said, I give Nintendo a lot of props to bringing this over for the reasons Zoel stated.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider