i will forgive squarenix

#11MagiusNecrosPosted 4/23/2013 7:20:27 AM
E3 is gonna be good this year if not for the betrayaltons
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#12Redd_WhitePosted 4/23/2013 9:01:42 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
RovCal posted...
my favourite game of all time is ff9.if this game turns out to be like it, as ppl are saying

Now don't get over excited, people are glad that square did make an actual very good RPG for a change, but I saw absolutely no one ever compare it to FF9, if only for the fact that BD is very inspired by the early FFs with a story nowhere near as complex as FF9, and a certain big flaw in the late game.

I compared it to FFIX several times in a lot of my posts. If anything, art direction-wise, it's more similar to FFIX than the other installments.

I know and I agree with it, I actually meant the story and the overrall quality of the game. most people reviewing the story said that it's a very traditional plot that rely heavily on old tropes.
#13RovCal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 10:26:54 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
RovCal posted...
my favourite game of all time is ff9.if this game turns out to be like it, as ppl are saying

Now don't get over excited, people are glad that square did make an actual very good RPG for a change, but I saw absolutely no one ever compare it to FF9, if only for the fact that BD is very inspired by the early FFs with a story nowhere near as complex as FF9, and a certain big flaw in the late game.

I compared it to FFIX several times in a lot of my posts. If anything, art direction-wise, it's more similar to FFIX than the other installments.

thank you!
#14RovCal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 10:29:29 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
Nintendo seems to be pushing for the good ones. Will probably get DQ7 as well. I consider FF a dead franchise if it doesn't pick up.

They've already killed Front Mission, and Parasite Eve under Toriyama's wing alone.

what? dq7 got confirmed for west? when? for real?
#15RovCal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 10:35:41 AM
Redd_White posted...
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
RovCal posted...

I know and I agree with it, I actually meant the story and the overrall quality of the game. most people reviewing the story said that it's a very traditional plot that rely heavily on old tropes.

like i said ff's stories are good but nothing great, there magic is in character development and the other reasons i mentioned above. so proly bdff proly wont have the same story development. and for awesome stories i recommend suikoden series if u havent played them already.
#16MagiusNecrosPosted 4/23/2013 10:55:41 AM
RovCal posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
Nintendo seems to be pushing for the good ones. Will probably get DQ7 as well. I consider FF a dead franchise if it doesn't pick up.

They've already killed Front Mission, and Parasite Eve under Toriyama's wing alone.

what? dq7 got confirmed for west? when? for real?

I emphasize the word "probably".
---
#17Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/23/2013 11:10:41 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
RovCal posted...

The story appears very traditional at first glance, it's later chapters that reveal more to it than what there appears.

But I follow the notion that originality does not exist, it's presentation that matters. Granted, I'm an art student so originality being dead is the first thing we've come to accept. :P
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#18Lexmark1989Posted 4/25/2013 6:58:14 PM
Redd_White posted...
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
RovCal posted...

Its hard to avoid tropes in any game these days. What I care and hope for is just tropes done right. FFIX had plenty of them but they were executed properly. Either way I don't really like comparing stories to other stories in a series as RoyCal did. Its the first thing that sparks a fanboy war the minute someone says FFIX sucks and for whatever reason alot of people dislike the game.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#19DullahanEXPosted 4/26/2013 1:49:10 PM(edited)
Zoel posted...
I won't forgive them, simply cause Nintendo is publishing it. To me that means Square had no faith in the product that Nintendo had to step in.

You know this is usual practice in the industry right? SE themselves have published games for other companies around the world. Be happy they didn't leave it in Japan and brought Nintendo to help.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#20MagiusNecrosPosted 4/26/2013 2:13:19 PM
DullahanEX posted...
Zoel posted...
I won't forgive them, simply cause Nintendo is publishing it. To me that means Square had no faith in the product that Nintendo had to step in.

You know this is usual practice in the industry right? SE themselves have published games for other companies around the world. Be happy they didn't leave it in Japan and brought Nintendo to help.

Except this is Square and they've made asinine decisions left and right.

Begone you Square Apologist
---