i will forgive squarenix

#21holyknight14Posted 4/26/2013 3:33:30 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
The story appears very traditional at first glance, it's later chapters that reveal more to it than what there appears.

But I follow the notion that originality does not exist, it's presentation that matters. Granted, I'm an art student so originality being dead is the first thing we've come to accept. :P

I heavily agree with this. I often get a bit tweaked when people yammer on about "originality, we want originality" when originality alone doesn't guarantee a darn thing. It's about the presentation, not being a unique snowflake.
#22DullahanEXPosted 4/26/2013 6:25:49 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
DullahanEX posted...
Zoel posted...
I won't forgive them, simply cause Nintendo is publishing it. To me that means Square had no faith in the product that Nintendo had to step in.

You know this is usual practice in the industry right? SE themselves have published games for other companies around the world. Be happy they didn't leave it in Japan and brought Nintendo to help.

Except this is Square and they've made asinine decisions left and right.

Begone you Square Apologist

Sorry if I'm getting in your way of being butthurt over nothing, but how the industry works. Unless you have some major double standards going on it has nothing to do with being a Apologist.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#23MagiusNecrosPosted 4/26/2013 6:34:14 PM
DullahanEX posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
DullahanEX posted...
Zoel posted...
I won't forgive them, simply cause Nintendo is publishing it. To me that means Square had no faith in the product that Nintendo had to step in.

You know this is usual practice in the industry right? SE themselves have published games for other companies around the world. Be happy they didn't leave it in Japan and brought Nintendo to help.

Except this is Square and they've made asinine decisions left and right.

Begone you Square Apologist

Sorry if I'm getting in your way of being butthurt over nothing, but how the industry works. Unless you have some major double standards going on it has nothing to do with being a Apologist.

Oh no, you basically pop up in Square's defense when anyone talks crap about them.

So don't even go there with me.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#24DullahanEXPosted 4/26/2013 7:35:11 PM
MagiusNecros posted...

Oh no, you basically pop up in Square's defense when anyone talks crap about them.

lol what? I've basically agreed with lot of people that SE has run most their franchise in ground, but not going to treat them like Satan especially because of one game (FFXIII) like some other do. They have definitely they share of really good stuff and I'm very happy their created something like BDFF.

I'm merely being fair, there are way worse companies out there then them.
---
#25deimos91Posted 4/27/2013 8:10:17 AM
RovCal posted...
my favourite game of all time is ff9.if this game turns out to be like it, as ppl are saying, than square i will give you a kiss on your forehead... and i will forgive you for destroying ff's.

cannot as they are turning FFT into a social game
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#26MagiusNecrosPosted 4/27/2013 12:45:38 PM
DullahanEX posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

lol what? I've basically agreed with lot of people that SE has run most their franchise in ground, but not going to treat them like Satan especially because of one game (FFXIII) like some other do. They have definitely they share of really good stuff and I'm very happy their created something like BDFF.

I suppose you aren't aware of FF Tactics S.

There is more then just XIII that is wrong with this company.
---
#27holyknight14Posted 4/27/2013 2:59:28 PM
There may be worse companies out there, but SE should be held to a higher standard than "podunk company X." Their presence and legacy enables them to do more and yet they've been stalemated by themselves due to shoddy and stupid practices in the past few years. FFXIV is the shining pinnacle of their incompetence.
#28DullahanEXPosted 4/27/2013 9:46:30 PM(edited)
MagiusNecros posted...
DullahanEX posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

I suppose you aren't aware of FF Tactics S.

There is more then just XIII that is wrong with this company.

Just the same wrong as Ehriegiz, Chocobo Racing, FF Dimensions, 4 Warriors of Light ,Crystal Chroncle series, FF Mystic Quest, Chocobo Mysterious Dungeons and whole lode of other spin-offs. Square has been doing that stuff forever.

holyknight14 posted...
There may be worse companies out there, but SE should be held to a higher standard than "podunk company X." Their presence and legacy enables them to do more and yet they've been stalemated by themselves due to shoddy and stupid practices in the past few years. FFXIV is the shining pinnacle of their incompetence.

Other then FFXIV blowing up their face and Versus taking forever they've hadly been different. They have much worse settbacks and decisions before, so I don't really see your point.
---
#29MagiusNecrosPosted 4/27/2013 10:27:25 PM
Well whatever floats your boat Dulla. I'm not giving Square a free pass just because they are Square.
---
#30moogle69Posted 4/28/2013 12:57:42 AM
i wish SS was still alive and kicking, im playing final fantasy ix, my second time playing the game but a low level challenge, and its soooo good.

i just hope that SE remakes FFV and FFVI. thats all i want from them, and then i would care less what they develop next.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD