What's good and what's bad?

#1okamhunitePosted 4/23/2013 11:29:51 AM
This game is interesting but I'm not sure what to think, what about this game is good and what is bad?
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 4/23/2013 11:56:35 AM
Good: Nearly everything

Bad: A little redundancy for the pseudo-NG+
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#3Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/23/2013 12:12:32 PM
Good: Just about everything to the game

Bad: The game loves to drag on past chapter 4 where a bit of a Groundhog Dog loop goes on for several chapters. First two cycles aren't that bad, past that it's redundant.

Still a solid game overall, I adore it greatly.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#4ZoelPosted 4/23/2013 1:41:01 PM
The good: Alot of things, the presentation, the battles, just about everything with the game.

The bad: Time loop, its bad enough that I cover the segment of the game with just a paragraph on my faq.
---
AKA as Zoelius / PSN: Celis777 [ working on P4G Faq]
P4A Main = Aegis / BB Main = Carl
#5musikitPosted 4/24/2013 4:25:38 AM
zoel,

out of curiosity, why do you not have any of the magus or chemist abilities listed....
i mean i havent found a good chemist or magus ability yet but still for a completest state... did you not level these jobs (can post the kanji/furigana) or did you just hate them that much? lol
#6Kumori_no_YoruPosted 4/24/2013 4:44:58 AM
Only reason to use the Chemist class is really just for Pain Paralysis, which is the final class ability. Otherwise, I found it to be pretty useless.

Also, you could just check the Japanese wikia for those skills missing from his guide.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#7ArylliesPosted 4/24/2013 7:16:19 AM(edited)
Here's my take on things.

As I tend to evaluate games in a manichaean fashion, let me tell you what I thought was great and what was terrible.

Great:

- The setting. Here's what you get: four main characters with distinct personalities and backstories, albeit somehow cliché at time. That's all. No nonsense "let's split up" or "sorry but for now you have to use this character and this one only. (I'm looking at you FF XIII)

You do what you want with your team.

The music.

The graphics.

Terrible:

The loop.

The loop.

The third loop.

The loop after the third loop.

One more loop because we weren't allotted a substantial enough budget.

One last loop because you want to see the true ending.

One more loop because you failed to see the true ending this loop.

I enjoyed 60% of this game, read: I loved it.
I absolutely hated 40% of it.
I am 100% certain I will NEVER do a second walkthrough.

Or maybe this is all another loop... leading to some more.

"Get up Tiz!"

...damn.
#8KouliPosted 4/24/2013 7:38:26 AM(edited)
Pro: music, battle system, job system, extensive script and voice acting, art style, streetpass+SE member site elements, subevents for the asterick bosses

Con: the plot-twist (loop), lack of side-quest varieties (same astericks and bosses over and over) i.e lacks volume/other things to do, only 1 saved file so have to overwrite if you want to restart (did it once myself but I got friends with max everything so I link and abuse = no grinding needed again)

Other:
- village rebuilding, linking with friends, can easily break game balance
- unfinished story, we can expect another game soon
- if you have the AR cards from the official guide, they are rather fun to play with
---
Next: SMT4
www.youtube.com/Kouli30
#9cayrelouPosted 4/24/2013 10:33:30 AM
What's so bad with the loop ?
#10ZoelPosted 4/24/2013 11:24:22 AM
musikit posted...
zoel,

out of curiosity, why do you not have any of the magus or chemist abilities listed....
i mean i havent found a good chemist or magus ability yet but still for a completest state... did you not level these jobs (can post the kanji/furigana) or did you just hate them that much? lol

I rarely used those class, and I really don't know the exact combinations for the item synthesis skil for the Chemist. But I'll get around to finishing the list eventually.
---
AKA as Zoelius / PSN: Celis777 [ working on P4G Faq]
P4A Main = Aegis / BB Main = Carl