Street pass and friend functions for importers. Also, readability question

#1Demo_TargetPosted 5/1/2013 7:05:20 AM
I'm still pondering buying the game alongside a Japanese 3DS LL, and I was wondering if the stuff I'd be losing out (street pass, friend related stuff in the battle system) can be ignored or if it is something that needs to be done.

Also, I was wondering if the Kanji/font quality in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RoamgMTS8g is representative of what I'd actually see on a LL screen - I played some Valkyria Chronicles 3 today and the Kanji were often not understandable.

I know it's coming to Europe before the end of the year, but I'm getting the system anyway for Monster Hunter 5, so I thought I might as well buy this game and enjoy the wonderful original dub and practice my Japanese understanding
#2werothPosted 5/6/2013 2:33:43 AM
Street pass = It's ok if you don't meet anyone with a BDFF game.
You could add friends online via Friend Code(Think there's a list here) or if you connect through wifi, the game allows you add random people.

If you don't get to add any friends, you might miss out on using the Ablink feature which allows your character linked with a friend's character to have access to higher Level Job abilities.
e.g Tiz Knight Job Lv 1 Ablink with Friend A Tiz Knight Job Lv 5
meaning your Tiz can use abilities above Lv 1

I played on the normal 3DS. Seems readable for me and I still remember that every story scene is voiced so you shouldn't miss much.
---
Playing: Tales of Vesperia, Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox, Summon NIght 4
Waiting: Sen no Kiseki
#3Demo_Target(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:03:26 PM
weroth posted...
If you don't get to add any friends, you might miss out on using the Ablink feature which allows your character linked with a friend's character to have access to higher Level Job abilities.

This kinda had me worried but I suppose you mean it gives you access to job levels you wouldn't have access to yet, not that you need friends to level them up at all...

Thanks for the answer anyway, I'm currently trying to find a store that has this game, fire emblem, two vita games and a 3ds in actual stock ships with fedex and is reliable, no easy task...
#4Kumori_no_YoruPosted 5/6/2013 3:01:35 PM
I'd gladly part ways with my second copy that I wound up getting due to picking up the collector's pack, having bought the game by itself when I finally bought a Japanese 3DS. If you lived in the US, anyway.

...But given the specifics in shipping, I can't help much on that.

And the levels are just a way to help lessen any grinding. They aren't needed, you can just as easily get the levels on your own. A good portion of the game makes getting JP very easy, along with a particular end-game enemy.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#5ZoelPosted 5/7/2013 7:40:36 AM
Demo_Target posted...
weroth posted...

This kinda had me worried but I suppose you mean it gives you access to job levels you wouldn't have access to yet, not that you need friends to level them up at all...

Thanks for the answer anyway, I'm currently trying to find a store that has this game, fire emblem, two vita games and a 3ds in actual stock ships with fedex and is reliable, no easy task...

Try Nippon Yasan.
---
AKA as Zoelius / PSN: Celis777 [ working on P4G Faq]
P4A Main = Aegis / BB Main = Carl