"Not a Final Fantasy product!"

#1Kumori_no_YoruPosted 5/22/2013 7:38:19 AM
https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/325345602584068096

Seen this a few days ago on my Twitter feed, but was unsure if someone here would have posted it eventually or not.

I'm sure someone in Asano's staff is reeling back from BDFF being labeled as a Final Fantasy product as they punched in their response into Google Translate.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Infinite Space
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 5/22/2013 8:16:48 AM
Yeah that message happened a month or so ago.
---
I'VE GONE INSANE! That's how it seems though! Spiteful! Cruel! But wise beyond his age!
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#3Kumori_no_Yoru(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 8:33:00 AM
I feel sad my Twitter feed seems to be behind. ;_;

Though it amused me thinking of the number of people who were constantly suggesting to rename the game as a Final Fantasy title and the staff's reaction to the suggestion.
---
#4holyknight14Posted 5/22/2013 10:08:03 AM
These tweets confuse me.
#5MagiusNecrosPosted 5/22/2013 10:51:02 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
I feel sad my Twitter feed seems to be behind. ;_;

Though it amused me thinking of the number of people who were constantly suggesting to rename the game as a Final Fantasy title and the staff's reaction to the suggestion.

GAF was all like: The name is dumb. Call it Bravely Default: Final Fantasy.

Asinine to say when it's supposed to be a new IP.
---
I'VE GONE INSANE! That's how it seems though! Spiteful! Cruel! But wise beyond his age!
#6Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/24/2013 3:59:33 AM
If it will help sales to ensure that we get whatever sequels are developed (preferably on a better time schedule) then I don't care if they name it Bravely Default: Final Fantasy VII to be honest.
#7MagiusNecrosPosted 5/24/2013 5:18:11 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
If it will help sales to ensure that we get whatever sequels are developed (preferably on a better time schedule) then I don't care if they name it Bravely Default: Final Fantasy VII to be honest.

The damaged brand only means it will diminish sales.
---
#8Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/24/2013 10:55:48 AM
MagiusNecros posted...

We've had this conversation several times. I think the name recognition would trump any perceived damaged reputation - after all its FF - a disappointing recent entry doesn't mean the series is dead (yet...). If XIV 2.0 or XV comes out and is bad I'll agree the brand is damaged
#9MagiusNecrosPosted 5/24/2013 11:37:13 AM
MagiusNecros posted...

We've had this conversation several times. I think the name recognition would trump any perceived damaged reputation - after all its FF - a disappointing recent entry doesn't mean the series is dead (yet...). If XIV 2.0 or XV comes out and is bad I'll agree the brand is damaged

Do a majority give 2 craps about an MMO?
---
#10Kumori_no_Yoru(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 1:47:20 PM
You'll find a fair amount of people who enjoyed FFXI and XIV were more of MMO-goers than fans of the franchise itself.

I just want that artbook, though XIV-2 itself actually looks rather fun. MMOs just aren't my thing because I lack the time for them compared to when I was in high school.
---