"Not a Final Fantasy product!"

#11MagiusNecrosPosted 5/24/2013 1:58:22 PM
I'm more interested in new IP's then in FF. Sure I'll be interested in the music but otherwise FF can go away. FF is diminishing in interest over time.
---
I'VE GONE INSANE! That's how it seems though! Spiteful! Cruel! But wise beyond his age!
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#12Bishop_SasaraiPosted 5/24/2013 8:46:19 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
I'm more interested in new IP's then in FF. Sure I'll be interested in the music but otherwise FF can go away. FF is diminishing in interest over time.

Agreed. Last "main" FF I liked was X. Thought X-2 was okay. I'm more excited about the X/X-2 HD collection than that stupid Lightning Returns crap. Only recent FF I'd want is Type-0.
---
Anticipating the following: Tales of Xillia (PS3), FF X/X-2 HD (PS3)
#13Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/25/2013 8:08:12 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
Gandalf the Istari posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
If it will help sales to ensure that we get whatever sequels are developed (preferably on a better time schedule) then I don't care if they name it Bravely Default: Final Fantasy VII to be honest.

The damaged brand only means it will diminish sales.

We've had this conversation several times. I think the name recognition would trump any perceived damaged reputation - after all its FF - a disappointing recent entry doesn't mean the series is dead (yet...). If XIV 2.0 or XV comes out and is bad I'll agree the brand is damaged

Do a majority give 2 craps about an MMO?

XI is the most profitable entry in the series and has a pretty big fanbase - the people who rail against it on every FF board are most likely 12 year olds who's moms wouldn't pay the 10$ a month it cost to subscribe.

If you want new IPs they have to make money so they actually get made - if the subtitle is change to Final Fantasy and it doesn't change anything about the actual game of Bravely Default but increases sales I don't see any problem with it. It's far better than the alternative of the game not being profitable enough for us to get whatever sequel gets released.
#14MagiusNecrosPosted 5/25/2013 8:13:36 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
If it will help sales to ensure that we get whatever sequels are developed (preferably on a better time schedule) then I don't care if they name it Bravely Default: Final Fantasy VII to be honest.

The damaged brand only means it will diminish sales.

We've had this conversation several times. I think the name recognition would trump any perceived damaged reputation - after all its FF - a disappointing recent entry doesn't mean the series is dead (yet...). If XIV 2.0 or XV comes out and is bad I'll agree the brand is damaged

Do a majority give 2 craps about an MMO?

XI is the most profitable entry in the series and has a pretty big fanbase - the people who rail against it on every FF board are most likely 12 year olds who's moms wouldn't pay the 10$ a month it cost to subscribe.

If you want new IPs they have to make money so they actually get made - if the subtitle is change to Final Fantasy and it doesn't change anything about the actual game of Bravely Default but increases sales I don't see any problem with it. It's far better than the alternative of the game not being profitable enough for us to get whatever sequel gets released.

It's only profitable for one reason. Monthly subscription costs.
---
I'VE GONE INSANE! That's how it seems though! Spiteful! Cruel! But wise beyond his age!
#15Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/25/2013 2:08:20 PM
MagiusNecros posted...

Your point being? That it has fans that have and continue to pay subscription costs to play the game?
#16MagiusNecrosPosted 5/25/2013 5:22:21 PM
MagiusNecros posted...

Your point being? That it has fans that have and continue to pay subscription costs to play the game?

As I thought. A waste of time.
---
#17Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/25/2013 5:38:22 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

As I thought. A waste of time.

If you don't like MMO's that's fine, it doesn't make the game bad or a waste of time though.
#18MagiusNecrosPosted 5/25/2013 6:18:55 PM
I suppose you will enjoy Lightning Returns. Since the Lightning Saga evidently didn't damage the brand as you have claimed.
---
#19Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/26/2013 11:27:50 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
I suppose you will enjoy Lightning Returns. Since the Lightning Saga evidently didn't damage the brand as you have claimed.

I probably won't because I don't like FF XIII - but I'm not willing to abandon a 25 year old franchise over 1 game.
#20MagiusNecrosPosted 5/26/2013 12:42:57 PM
MagiusNecros posted...

I probably won't because I don't like FF XIII - but I'm not willing to abandon a 25 year old franchise over 1 game.

But you claimed XIII series didn't damage the brand at all? How could you not like XIII series? It has Lightning in it. And good graphics. And is on a Sony System and has a good score on metacritic.
---