Akihiko Yoshida working on the next Bravely Default

#11Ivany2008Posted 6/14/2013 11:19:52 PM
yes, but its only now we are getting actual tales games to be shipped to north america. I can remember when graces and hearts were released in japan and the tales higher ups refused to ship them to north america citing a lack of market.

to be fair, we still haven't seen tales of hearts/innocence shipped to north america despite it being ported to the vita(luckily i'll be grabbing a copy of these when i hit japan early next year)

as for the sequel to this game, assuming they just started working on it now, i'd say late 2016/early 2017 would be a realistic release schedule.
---
The teacher said we could be anything we wanted when we grow up.
He wasnt talking to you son, now go out back and practice digging some holes.
#12ErugiosPosted 6/21/2013 12:36:17 AM
Not to hate on this game, but Yoshida's talent is wasted here. He can draw some amazing character designs, and they force him to go with his worst art style
---
"One of these days, I'm gonna find a loophole my friend." - Man in Black
#13PlentyRAMPosted 6/21/2013 12:55:44 AM
Erugios posted...
Not to hate on this game, but Yoshida's talent is wasted here. He can draw some amazing character designs, and they force him to go with his worst art style

Yoshida isn't just a character artist, it is thanks to him that the game looks beautiful.
#14ErugiosPosted 6/21/2013 2:08:17 AM
True, he did the environment concept art as well, and that is absolutely gorgeous. But I hate the FF3 DS style they went with for the characters
---
"One of these days, I'm gonna find a loophole my friend." - Man in Black
#15Kumori_no_Yoru(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 5:39:36 AM
It's not just concept art, the actual art is used as the backgrounds in the game. Think of it like how Solatorobo marries 3D models with 2D backdrops, Ni no Kuni DS did the same thing too.

However, they all share a trait in that they sacrifice higher end 3D models, but then I'd rather a game not be put on rails while looking really pretty like FFXIII than to not be the best-looking game around and have more content to offer. Just my stance on it though, I'm aware not everyone is into the style they went with for the game.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Remember Me, The Last of Us
#16lulzacePosted 7/2/2013 5:41:37 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
It's not just concept art, the actual art is used as the backgrounds in the game. Think of it like how Solatorobo marries 3D models with 2D backdrops, Ni no Kuni DS did the same thing too.

However, they all share a trait in that they sacrifice higher end 3D models, but then I'd rather a game not be put on rails while looking really pretty like FFXIII than to not be the best-looking game around and have more content to offer. Just my stance on it though, I'm aware not everyone is into the style they went with for the game.

can...can you tell this to the smt boards C:
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#17Kumori_no_Yoru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 6:29:50 AM
Does the graphic style in SMTIV bother them that much? :C

I noticed it was a trend by now with JRPGs like FFXIII and Tales of Xillia being really pretty but lacking greatly in content (note: I actually enjoyed FFXIII, albeit several flaws) compared to RPGs that are more subpar in graphics but have more to offer, such as Tales of Graces F.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: The Last of Us, Muramasa Rebirth
#18lulzacePosted 7/2/2013 2:48:06 PM
Yeah. Though it generally the people that got in through Persona complaining there are others as well that re just in the mindset that 2d sucks. 3d isn't bad but there are admittedly both cases in which 2d is a better visual representation over 3d and vice-versa and while all "factions" so to speak have those with problems understanding that it's generally more those two. and the fans of the entire MT franchise have either stoped responding, started trolling, or only give answers once in a while.
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!