Interesting fact about the music for this game...

#1podracer35Posted 8/10/2013 10:01:02 PM
This might be old news to some, or jut plain irrelevant, but whatever.

I was watching Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyoujin (spelling? Meh, I did my best. >_>) and noticed that the group that did the Opening theme for that anime is the same that did the music for this game! Okay sure, I'm not going to start comparing this game's music to those two tracks, but I just gotta say Sound/Linked Horizon and Revo make some freakin' amazing tunes!

It's a shame games and anime rarely get proper soundtrack releases in the west, I feel like they would move at least a decent amount of copies. I know there are quite a few games which I would pay for the soundtracks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Omec2nI.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750
#2Kumori_no_YoruPosted 8/11/2013 7:02:30 AM(edited)
I'm kinda sad for as long as Revo's been around, he'll really only be known as "that guy who did the OP for Shingeki no Kyojin," seeing as how people are only discovering Sound Horizon just now. That's taking into account the anime isn't that good compared to the original manga.

I'm at least happy Revo confirmed Sound Horizon is returning this year.

Edit:

Realizing how hipster-ish that sounds, but I meant in the context of SnK fans (particularly those who only just discovered the anime) will not bother the least bit to look into some great music and just pass him off as "guy who did SnK muzak lolz".

If that makes sense. >__>
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: SMTIV
#3podracer35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 7:05:57 AM(edited)
Well at least in my case, I've only really started paying close attention to OSTs and composers for the past year. >_> I actually recognized him as the guy who did the Bravely Default soundtrack! XD

EDIT: haha just saw your edit, and yeah, it is kind of a shame. I know I'll be looking into his other works and playing/watching them! (Or with the rate that my backlog is growing, maybe just add them I the radar list... -_-) There's some pretty great music to be listened to!
---
#4Kumori_no_YoruPosted 8/11/2013 7:04:28 AM
I give props for that, at the least. His work on BDFF is excellent, where as for SnK, I... actually felt it wasn't one of his better works. Wasn't bad, but definitely overhyped. Kind of a shame since he mentioned he's a fan for the series, so he was all for doing the OPs when given the chance.

But fair do's on that. I suggest looking into his music for Sound Horizon, it's like a play of sorts in that the music tells the story along with characters to support it. It's pretty neat. C:
---
#5podracer35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 7:12:26 AM
Yeah, the first OP was really epic in short form, but the full version was a bit... Disappointing. Maybe it was just different and I need to give it a second chance. The second one so far has been amazing too.

And I will do that. I'm always game to hear some good music! ^_^
---
#6Kumori_no_YoruPosted 8/11/2013 7:17:16 AM
If you're up for another composer who branches into anime, there's Yuki Kajiura who worked on Xenosaga Episode III and.. well, several anime series.
---
#7podracer35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 7:20:10 AM
Yuki Kajiura is one I've heard great things about too. I've only been exposed to the anime side, but I'll def look into the games too.

Dangit, I'm gonna be doing this all day! XD
---
#8cheeseyrox2Posted 8/12/2013 11:14:45 PM
Revo is freaking amazing. He has to be one of the most talented people I've seen, period. His work for Sound Horizon is exceptionally creative and well-thought out: every Horizon brings out a different aspect to his music. He composes ALL the music and writes ALL of the lyrics for EVERY piece. He knows how to play the accordion, rock out on a guitar, and even play the bagpipes. He has REALLY grown as a singer in the last 4 years, too. The BD OST was his FIRST video game OST, and it has to be one of the greatest video game OSTs out there in general. What can't this man do?

The Jiyuu e no Shingeki single introduced many to Revo's music and I'm very glad for that. Those people should look into the background of him as a composer, they should listen to his Sound Horizon works (I recommend Elysion, Roman, and Märchen the most), and of course, the BDFF OST. I was enchanted by Revo's music from what I heard of the BDFF OST and the Linked Horizon album that was made to accompany it, so I delved into his other works from there. I find a lot of the stories in his music intriguing, although the subject matters may admittedly not be for everyone. This man is huge in Japan and his career is going nowhere but up, in terms of quality and popularity.

/obligatory Sound Horizon/Linked Horizon/Revo praising post
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 240
#9Kumori_no_YoruPosted 8/13/2013 12:35:57 PM
Was definitely fond of Marchen~

I hope he returns for the next Bravely Default, personally. I'll just hope he has the time to compose for it as he mentioned SanHora is returning later this year.
---
#10MagiusNecrosPosted 8/14/2013 8:11:55 PM
Attack on Titan isn't all that interesting. Anime wants to sell you on it's over the top action that gives off a coolness factor.

I'll stick to BERSERK.
---
Reggie Fils-Aime - PLAY. THE. GAME.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board