.....so is that really all the new monsters?!

#1Oo_KingSting_oOPosted 8/28/2013 4:14:33 PM
If it is, then i'm dissapointed. The 3rd generation of MH had about 19 new monsters, not including subspecies...narga , brachy and zinogre were added subsequently in later iteration that were still from gen 3 but I find it silly that we went from 19 new monsters to what is this....7???

Goa magara, kechawacha, generu serutasu, garara ajara, zaboazagiru, tetsukabura, nerusukyura...am I missing anything else? Because the game is only a couple of weeks from release, and I really find the low number of new monsters to be staggering.
#2KouliPosted 8/28/2013 4:37:01 PM
Why would they give you all the new monsters when they plan on 4G next year?
---
youtube.com/Kouli30
twitter.com/MadoushiKouli
#3Oo_KingSting_oO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 4:41:15 PM
...what?
#4SonsaruPosted 8/28/2013 4:44:24 PM
And you're dreaming if you expect the content of a G Rank game in a new numbered title.

Development time and money are not infinite, even with the returns they can expect from MH. They've delayed the game 6 months to improve it already - that alone goes against the "quick buck Capcom" that many people mouth off about. Hell, they could have just put out another boilerplate on the PSP - it would have sold 4+ million, even if then sank / stagnated the series.

There's far more content here than Tri had. If you're happy to wait for 4G, go ahead and wait. It isn't as though they've finished that and shelve it for 14 months before releasing it. Would you really rather wait another year before you play anything at all?
---
More meat than web comics, less gristle than fanfics!
Totally original online fiction at www.armyofpuppets.com
#5PRIZZAPosted 8/28/2013 5:13:41 PM
Oo_KingSting_oO posted...
If it is, then i'm dissapointed. The 3rd generation of MH had about 19 new monsters, not including subspecies...narga , brachy and zinogre were added subsequently in later iteration that were still from gen 3 but I find it silly that we went from 19 new monsters to what is this....7???

Goa magara, kechawacha, generu serutasu, garara ajara, zaboazagiru, tetsukabura, nerusukyura...am I missing anything else? Because the game is only a couple of weeks from release, and I really find the low number of new monsters to be staggering.

The last major new version was Tri, and it had a terrible amount of content. This game already has quite a selection of monsters, not to mention the things yet to be seen. I still think they have at least a few new monsters to reveal, including older ones. We still don't know what the new powerhouse is yet. Fighting the old monsters with new moves will also be fun. Don't worry (or just wait for G)!
---
For your viewing pleasure
http://oneweakness.com
#6pikachupwnagePosted 8/28/2013 5:52:18 PM

Pretty sure there are 10 new monsters confirmed and 20(give or take a couple) old monsters. There are likely a fair amount monsters left to reveal including the final boss.
---
Now with PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE! PREPOSTERONE
#7LeanaunfurledPosted 8/28/2013 6:26:03 PM
There are 28 monsters total at the least, and it already blows Tri out of the water content-wise. There are ten new monsters announced thus far, which I'm happy with when looking at the whole package that 4 will be.
---
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
Bravely Default will be localized.
#8Jooo_wuPosted 8/28/2013 8:50:36 PM
perhaps they will have a bit of subspecies?is that possible?
#9Oo_KingSting_oO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 10:35:11 PM
pikachupwnage posted...

Pretty sure there are 10 new monsters confirmed and 20(give or take a couple) old monsters. There are likely a fair amount monsters left to reveal including the final boss.

My list was taken from the monster hunter wiki itself; that is all the new monsters. I agree with everyone else on how there's a lot more content and about 30 confirmed monsters for this game.....but what I'm directly reffering to is the new monsters. MH2 and 3 presented an average of 15 new monsters each, while so far we have only half the number. i will wait for G as I have an american 3DS, but even then there was only one brand new monster(brachy) for the game. And....dire miralis is the lamest thing in the universe so I can't really count that. When an mh game is released I am mostly excited about the new monsters which is the meat of the game, hence the name MONSTER hunter. I take it that by this point there might be 2 superbosses to be revealed. Even then, the list falls short for about 6 or 7 monsters and I just cannot understand why.
#10LeanaunfurledPosted 8/28/2013 10:50:12 PM
With ten new monsters announced, that's hardly half of 15. Especially if you count in the two superbosses you mentioned that are likely. I really don't see what you're getting upset over, especially if you're not even going to get the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
Bravely Default will be localized.