All on disc?

#1solaris32Posted 9/13/2011 5:42:11 PM
Will this be all on disc, or is it going to pull a Borderlands/Resident Evil 5 and have it be codes for DLC?
---
i183.photobucket.com/albums/x182/solaris32/babyeater.jpg
"[Fallout 3] is the kind of game that I think about when I make love to my wife"-Darth_nacho
#2WickedRoguePosted 9/15/2011 4:08:33 PM
It seems no one knows yet. Borderlands does have a version with all the DLC on disc's that came out later on tho.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#3solaris32(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2011 9:49:32 PM
Are you sure about Borderlands? it would mean it would have 2 discs, because all 4 DLC is around 6 gigs by itself.
---
"[Fallout 3] is the kind of game that I think about when I make love to my wife"-Darth_nacho
#4WickedRoguePosted 9/16/2011 5:21:15 AM
Yeah, Borderlands is 2 discs. The 2nd disc just installs the DLC to the HDD. I have it myself.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#5solaris32(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 6:18:14 AM
Dangit I have the edition when it first came out where the DLC were codes :(. I'd much rather have it on disc. Oh well, I've already done everything in the game anyway.
---
#6baueris24Posted 9/16/2011 8:36:39 AM
I hope that everything is all on discs (well the original game and undead nightmare at least). I don't have Xbox live (only have dial up) so I wouldn't be able to play them if they're download only. I'm guessing most if not all of the DLC is mainly for multiplayer which obviously wouldn't affect me. If Undead Nightmare isn't on a disc, I guess I'll just have to buy separate regular retail releases of the original and Undead Nightmare.
#7WickedRoguePosted 9/16/2011 1:12:37 PM
Yeah, it's why I waited on Borderlands when it first came out GOTY. It was pointless to buy it for DLC vouchers imo. If they do the same with Red Dead Redemption I will just wait as I already have the Undead Nightmare disc.
---
#8solaris32(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 8:04:57 PM(edited)
I didn't know they were going to do a 2 disc version later. As far as I'm aware, RE5: Gold Edition is still just codes. To be honest, the main reason I got it is because I did want it, but also because I wanted the DNF First Access Club, which turned out to suck.

I'm sure this will be all on disc like GTAIV, but just want to make sure.

Oh yea, and Krazy, your sig is basically my motto of how I view games. Graphics are outdated in no time, but gameplay is forever.
---
#9WickedRoguePosted 9/21/2011 4:22:55 PM
Yeah, I still play Atari games like Breakout etc. But yeah to be back on topic, the reason why Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition is a DLC voucher is because it couldn't fit all on one disc and Capcom didn't want to do a 2 disc for 360 as it all fits on one Blu Ray Disc for PS3.
---
#10solaris32(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 12:46:43 AM
Oh I see. Capcom has really been lazy and uncaring lately. Like the new RE4 HD. Capcom didn't add anything new, just compiled what was already made. They at least could've added a ton of replayability with the achieves, such as pistol only run, knife only run, no merchant run, etc. Instead they hired some idiot to do them. And let no one forget that they cancelled Mega Man Legends 3.
---
More topics from this board...
Who do i shoot ?euchamonster7719/14 12:57PM