Hello everyone!!!

#1flowersjfPosted 4/20/2012 1:23:19 PM

I just got MvC3 in the mail today and I LOVE IT!!!! I'm new to these forums and I want to make some new friends. Here's my ID: 'jaronflowers'.

Also, can you guys give me tips on how to become a better player. I watch people play each other online on YouTube and I see people doing these ridiculously awesome combos and I'm nowhere near that good. Any help is appreciated and thanks!!!!

#2HueyFremanPosted 4/20/2012 1:30:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Miles923
http://www.youtube.com/user/fingercramp

Both have some useful videos of tutorials and generally helpful things. Although the 2nd one is called "Babies guide" so you have to put some pride aside for it.

One of the first things I would suggest is mission mode with some characters. Then find a team that you want to use and stick to it for a little while until you get familiar with them.

Do you have any familiarity with fighting games?
---
Huey: Did you just... congratulate me for reading?
#3flowersjf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 1:37:31 PM
Thanks a lot, and yeah I love fighting games. I'm much better at 3d fighters like Tekken and DOA, I can definitely hold my own in terms of online play. But I haven't played the MvC series much so I'm sort of a newcomer compared to everyone else on here. And before people ask, I'm not a ragequitter. I take my beatings like a man lol.
#4Hydra_Gundam_Posted 4/20/2012 2:38:57 PM
Start basic combos like in the missions. And if you want silver or gold alternates, theres a topic. Add people n check near regularly.
---
PSN: HYDRAGUNDAM-
#5fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 4/20/2012 4:34:07 PM
My topic :D

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643141-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/62530073
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#6BrianCraigSmithPosted 4/20/2012 6:30:54 PM
flowersjf posted...
I just got MvC3 in the mail today and I LOVE IT!!!! I'm new to these forums and I want to make some new friends. Here's my ID: 'jaronflowers'. Also, can you guys give me tips on how to become a better player. I watch people play each other online on YouTube and I see people doing these ridiculously awesome combos and I'm nowhere near that good. Any help is appreciated and thanks!!!!

You should've got Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
#7flowersjf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 7:39:08 PM
lol I did, I got it for the Vita. I guessed I should have put the 'U' in front of MvC3.
#8Squished_MarioPosted 4/20/2012 11:34:45 PM
9) Just have fun

That's what I say. You'll naturally get better if you like the game.
---
Part of the Viewmaster_pi's Caln Magna cum laude
PSN: VexSilver
#9TaikuroPosted 4/21/2012 5:02:01 AM
Hello fellow newcomer! :D I picked this game up today too and having a blast with it. I'll add you and maybe ill see you online someday. :D

Also a question to the pros out there, are there any characters that are recommended for beginners or should you just use whoever you are comfortable with?
---
PSN/SEN: SnCSpiderbear
#10CWSapp757Posted 4/21/2012 11:59:47 AM
Definitely look at those videos and read fuzzy's guide on here for starters. Also, play with who you like. There are some characters that are easier to win with than others but each character has their own strengths. No one in this game is completely useless. I think it is also important to find people on here that you are close in skill with that you can spar with and people that may be better than you that will help you learn. Pretty much everyone I've played up here is pretty cool so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

PSN: CWSapp757