The series went down the pooper after...

#1KadirothPosted 2/26/2012 2:26:21 PM
X
---
PSN - TobyRox
"And I thought my jokes were bad." - Joker
#2J_Dawg_Posted 2/26/2012 3:30:47 PM
I liked XII a lot.
---
Not changing this sig until I get a copy of Final Fantasy Type-0. Started: 8/29/2010
http://steamcommunity.com/id/stunfisk/
#3ZetamancerPosted 2/26/2012 7:01:25 PM
I hated XII with flaming passion.

I kind of agree. I do like XIII-2 so far though. It's like they took XIII and made it an actual game, and not just Final Fantasy X(hold)
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359
#4Chicco-brePosted 2/27/2012 12:55:50 AM
I think XII was a good game even if it didn't mesh with your classic FF playstyle, and the feel was much more medievily gritty than the bubbly colour of X with a good mix of technology, magic & melee. Also i think X suffered from poorer voice acting/directing/writing than XII but thats a difficult area in any game (especially translated ones), i mean a good voice actor can make or break characters for instance:
XIII Sazh/Vanille
X Auron/Tidus
XII Baltheir/Vann (Though to be fair Vann wasnt amazingly bad like the other two)

To be fair i wouldn't question anyone who told me XII is their most enjoyed FF game, i think it could be the best allround game of the fully voices FFs, it just suffers from being out of place among its Family of games gameplay wise.

Though i do agree with the topic title and the introduction of the -2s to the series shows this.
X-2 = happy surprise
no XII-2 = seemed fair
XIII-2 = practically demanded due to dissatisfaction.

Oh and incase you suspected im not a XII fanboy X is the the FF game I enjoy the most im just being realistic
---
Logic cold as ice & thick as a glacier. So bring the FLAME .PSN:Chicco1991
My Fanfic : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7785277/2/FINAL_FANTASY_LAND_OF_THE_GODS
#5PhaildPosted 2/27/2012 9:08:44 AM
I consider FFXII and FF Type-0 the best games in the series, so no.

I regret that I never played FFXI more, since that has numerous epic storylines as well.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
On you feet, come with me. We are soldiers, stand or die
#6DarkFlip22Posted 2/27/2012 9:13:56 AM
^XI has a storyline? Does it also have an ending?
---
Down+Down-Forward+Forward+Punch = "The Hadouken"
#7PhaildPosted 2/27/2012 9:47:57 AM

Actually it has numerous storylines, each one comparable to a standalone RPG and having unique final bosses as well.

Each expansion pack introduced a new storyline and new cast of supporting characters.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
On you feet, come with me. We are soldiers, stand or die
#8Dave4202Posted 2/28/2012 1:25:35 PM(edited)
Phaild posted...
I consider FFXII and FF Type-0 the best games in the series, so no.

I regret that I never played FFXI more, since that has numerous epic storylines as well.

WOW... someone I 100% agree with, that rarely ever happens on these boards. Nice to see at least one other FF fan with their head on straight.

I dunno if i'd say best in the series but definitely front runners. I'm old skool so I loved FF4 and 6 way to much to say any of the newer ones were the best but type 0 and XII were both amazing. Way better then X anyways.
#9RocketdotPosted 3/16/2012 6:10:25 AM(edited)
XII was too easy to break. Set up the right commands and the game plays itself. I couldn't even finish the game as it lost all challenge, that and summons were useless which is one of my favorite aspects of FF.

13 no thanks. FF MMO no thanks. The portable FF games have been pretty cool though.
#10pure mind gamesPosted 3/16/2012 6:17:27 AM(edited)

Actually it has numerous storylines, each one comparable to a standalone RPG and having unique final bosses as well.

which no one will team up with you and help you do, unless you have fields of something, F*** MMOs
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZsydLt1CKM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fttKjFvV0JI