The big question is -- International version or not?

#1Dark_type_ZeroPosted 9/15/2011 12:56:16 AM
Many aren't familiar with what the japan exclusive FFX International version brang, so i will clue you in.

-All characters start mid sphere grid. entirely redesigned sphere grid so any character can go down any other characters path. meaning you can take yuna down auron's path, tidus down lulu's path or anything you want. a black mage tidus? feel free! it also adds challenge to the game because it doesnt hold your hand and its possible to get stuck late game if you didn't balance your party well. the grid is also smaller so you have to plan more carefully. The international grid's challenge lies in the relative ease of getting lost or having to backtrack after getting stuck in a section with skills you don't want. the added challenge makes international versions fun to play again for those who thought they mastered the game, but now more freedom in character customization and advancement.

-new dark aeons are a series of optional super-bosses that are for the most devoted of players. theyre like yuna's aeons except shaded black and have auras. you need to max out your stats to beat them. they're almost impossible to beat without maxed out stats because they have millions of hp, hard defense, and ridiculously powerful attacks (japanese hard difficulty) that make even seymour flux and yunalesca look like joke fights.

heres something for you to read on another additional superboss:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Penance_%28Final_Fantasy_X%29

anyways i'm hoping to see this version, nobody but japan got this gem, while we only got the inferior (but still the playstation 2's best) RPG ;P
#2Boomerang78Posted 9/15/2011 1:15:55 AM
I'd like a choice at the beginning of the game to choose whether or not I want to use the original or International sphere grid.

I mean, I'd use the International one after my playthrough on Vita/PS3 since I've already played the game, but the choice would be better for those new to the game.
#3ConkeaPosted 9/15/2011 1:27:15 AM
The international version gave you that choice at the start of a new game.
---
PSN: Conkea
#4Boomerang78Posted 9/15/2011 1:28:44 AM
Conkea posted...
The international version gave you that choice at the start of a new game.

Really? Holy balls, I have no problems, then!
#5robm1052Posted 9/15/2011 1:43:21 AM
The Europe version had a second sphere grid choice and the dark aeons/penance, which I presume is the same as the version you're talking about. Made the end game last much longer, spent countless hours rewriting the sphere grid so I could damage the dark aeons. They also had a chance of dropping 4 slot armour with ribbon which was always a plus =D
---
You better bring more to the table before you expect the nerf stick to be broken out.
#6MeeghoiPosted 9/15/2011 3:09:03 AM(edited)
Dark_type_Zero posted...
anyways i'm hoping to see this version, nobody but japan got this gem, while we only got the inferior (but still the playstation 2's best) RPG ;P

Not true. They took such a long time to localise the game in Europe that by the time they had the translation done the international version was already being sold in Japan so we got the international version.

And it's almost certain we'll have the int. version. It would make no sense for the european and the japanese otherwise...
#7Dark_type_Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2011 3:10:56 AM
ok japan and europe then. what about america and australia? this is their chance to bring the best version out everywhere. the super bosses are optional as is the sphere grid, theres nothing stopping new players.
#8ZenithianHeroPosted 9/15/2011 7:51:28 AM
I hope so. Sony gave NA players the EU version of ICO so maybe Square-Enix can do the same.
#9dfbstr6dikjxrhtPosted 9/15/2011 8:04:21 AM
Well logically, at least for Europeans, we should get the international version.

So I'm not really sure what to expect.
---
Móidín bródúil den gaiscíoch Ceilteach!
#10squills29Posted 9/15/2011 9:32:06 AM
I'm hoping for a Japanese audio option as well.