Release date??

#1invykingPosted 11/29/2011 8:50:28 PM
Has it been announced or has there been any news put out on it yet.
#2DaggeraxePosted 11/29/2011 10:02:59 PM
No one knows, we don't even have screenshots yet, we don't even know if this is a HD port or a remake.
#3ThugETHPosted 11/30/2011 12:58:42 PM
If it were a remake it would have some kind of subtitle, as it stands it is FFX HD so I think it's just FFX in a higher res maybe with a bug or 2 ironed out.
It's the sole reason I've preordered a Vita.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#4Alky88Posted 11/30/2011 2:59:07 PM
Thug4L1fe posted...
If it were a remake it would have some kind of subtitle, as it stands it is FFX HD so I think it's just FFX in a higher res maybe with a bug or 2 ironed out.

Square never called it FFX HD and no FF remakes had subtitles at all. FFIII and IV were still called FFIII and IV.
FFX HD is an assumption, at TGS Square simply showed the classic FFX logo and said it's an HD remake, nothing more.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#50060000Posted 12/6/2011 10:27:54 PM
I think its a remake, and adding a subtitle other than Hd would confuse people. The only reason HD is there is because people would get confused...

Ex. I just got FFX!

Ex. Sweet dude did you get he PS2, PS3 or Vita version?

Ex. What are you talking about PS2?

Ex. Dude FFX was remade in 2012.

Ex. Your full of it dude.

Ex. Ugh.

Now add HD to it.
Solves everything.
---
The 3DS is not friendly to left handed people put this in your sig for leftie pride!
#6Mythril_HammerPosted 12/6/2011 10:38:54 PM
Alky88 posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...

Square never called it FFX HD and no FF remakes had subtitles at all. FFIII and IV were still called FFIII and IV.
FFX HD is an assumption, at TGS Square simply showed the classic FFX logo and said it's an HD remake, nothing more.

I hope you don't honestly think this is a "remake" in the typical sense of the word. Square Enix is not going to remake games that were released on the ps2. That would be incredibly pointless.

It's the same game being displayed at a higher resolution. >_> That isn't a "remake." I understand why square wants to use that word though. It sounds nicer than "port" when you're trying to peddle something.
---
"I think I'm going to need a hat. Oh god!"
#7Alky88Posted 12/7/2011 6:10:44 AM
Mythril_Hammer posted...
Alky88 posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...

I hope you don't honestly think this is a "remake" in the typical sense of the word. Square Enix is not going to remake games that were released on the ps2. That would be incredibly pointless.

It's the same game being displayed at a higher resolution. >_> That isn't a "remake." I understand why square wants to use that word though. It sounds nicer than "port" when you're trying to peddle something.

They're remaking a game released last year and you think remaking a PS2 title is pointless for them? lol
---
#8Mythril_HammerPosted 12/7/2011 2:41:20 PM
Alky88 posted...
Mythril_Hammer posted...
Alky88 posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...

They're remaking a game released last year and you think remaking a PS2 title is pointless for them? lol

what game are you talking about? O_o
---
"I think I'm going to need a hat. Oh god!"
#9eixeeeePosted 12/7/2011 5:25:57 PM
Mythril_Hammer posted...
Alky88 posted...
Mythril_Hammer posted...
Alky88 posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...

Who let you out of troll therapy?
---
Current challenges: T3B AAA 0/0 deaths, Re:Coded Lv1 CM
The trashy strolling is an eyesore.
#10Alky88Posted 12/7/2011 6:17:18 PM
Mythril_Hammer posted...
Alky88 posted...
Mythril_Hammer posted...
Alky88 posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...

FFXIV? They're remaking the graphic engine, servers and all areas so it pretty much counts as a full remake.
---