FFX HD delay

#1FtpkornPosted 9/22/2012 11:03:41 PM
With KH HD set to be released next year one is to assume FFX HD is going to offer much more in terms of additional content, i just hope it is enough to warrant me forking out cash for a vita and the game.

And with the delay on it, it just has to be something much more then what other HD collections are offering. And Dark Aeons isn't enough as i already have those due to having the PAL release.

Let it be so...
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 9/22/2012 11:08:32 PM
either that or theyre canceling it
#3Ftpkorn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 11:12:38 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
either that or theyre canceling it

Ugh, i hope sony pushes them to get it out ASAP as i'll be buying their vita when they do lol
---
#4Exia009Posted 9/23/2012 6:30:59 AM(edited)
Ftpkorn posted...
And with the delay on it, it just has to be something much more then what other HD collections are offering. And Dark Aeons isn't enough as i already have those due to having the PAL release..

You're getting your hopes up lol keep in mind that this is likely going to be a PSN-only release, since it was announced for both Vita and PS3, so we're likely looking at a price of about $20. That said, keeping with the original plan, they'll likely want to release it with as little work as possible, so adding in the International edition stuff may even be ambitious. The delay, as many have speculated, is likely due to SE not seeing the profit in releasing this; to be honest, I can see how that would be true, but I'd love to see the game out anyway. I've never played the international edition either, so that would be a nice little addition.
---
Steam: BigPoeticCanine
PSN: Exia009
#5pimpinpenguin64Posted 9/23/2012 12:39:22 PM
I'm sure there is plenty of profit to be made with FFX HD. Just look at when we were waiting for PS1 support on the Vita the game most people wanted to play was Final Fantasy. Having FFX on the Vita will sell for sure.
The problem we have is that Square Enix’s 1st Production Department (the guys who make the mainline FF games) are handling the remaster and FFX producer Yoshinori Kitase is also taking charge of the remaster. So of course the FF13 sequels are going to take priority. What would have been great is if Square just left the remastering to Bluepoint games like Konami did with MGS.
#6NovaCastPosted 9/23/2012 3:40:39 PM
Exia009 posted...
Ftpkorn posted...
And with the delay on it, it just has to be something much more then what other HD collections are offering. And Dark Aeons isn't enough as i already have those due to having the PAL release..

You're getting your hopes up lol keep in mind that this is likely going to be a PSN-only release, since it was announced for both Vita and PS3, so we're likely looking at a price of about $20. That said, keeping with the original plan, they'll likely want to release it with as little work as possible, so adding in the International edition stuff may even be ambitious. The delay, as many have speculated, is likely due to SE not seeing the profit in releasing this; to be honest, I can see how that would be true, but I'd love to see the game out anyway. I've never played the international edition either, so that would be a nice little addition.

I hope its not only a psn only release since i hate buying digital games. Specially since you don't actually really own them because sony can do as they please.

I wouldn't buy a psn only release, never have and never will.
---
#7Ftpkorn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 12:28:18 AM
pimpinpenguin64 posted...
I'm sure there is plenty of profit to be made with FFX HD. Just look at when we were waiting for PS1 support on the Vita the game most people wanted to play was Final Fantasy. Having FFX on the Vita will sell for sure.
The problem we have is that Square Enix’s 1st Production Department (the guys who make the mainline FF games) are handling the remaster and FFX producer Yoshinori Kitase is also taking charge of the remaster. So of course the FF13 sequels are going to take priority. What would have been great is if Square just left the remastering to Bluepoint games like Konami did with MGS.

Yeah, i think they just want it to resemble the true FFX experience as possible, which is fair enough as it is that popular, and it seems they want to add things to make it worth buying.

While chrono trigger was great for the re-translation, it was shockingly poor for additional content. I doubt they want to make this same mistake again lol
---
#8jaziz20Posted 9/25/2012 3:33:18 PM
I honestly found the fact that KH is getting HD remakes good. It means square finally figured out how to convert things into HD. maybe FFX might come sooner than later.
#9Mask_of_DesirePosted 10/6/2012 8:14:56 PM
Just the fact that a Final Mix game is included in the KH HD release makes me doubt we'll see it localized.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/MaskofDesire.jpg
#10jurfi1Posted 10/8/2012 10:20:46 PM
Exia009 posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

I mean ive met some stupid i meean really stupid people before but your telling me that the people at Square are so stupid that they couldnt figure out before announcing the release of a game that it would be a mistake and would not sell???? If they knew that they would not have released Noir. They are indeed disappointing indeed but this is not going to be some crap PSN release in my opinion. The ps3 and Vita do have slight graphics differences like the ps3 being better than the handheld vita. So maybe they have to make slight diffrences as far as graphics go to both versions if infact this is a regular hd upgrade and not a remaster or remake. In addition who knows whether they are adding X-2 or international content if they are it could take time. Everyone needs to chill either way we will find out if it comes out or if it gets canceled.
---
Im a Royal pain in the Ludroth!
Monster Hunter Tri: BaByEaTR