Expert Sphere Grid

#1Weltall548Posted 5/10/2013 4:49:28 PM
When I get this game, I may use the expert grid. Is the expert grid better? I'm not doing all of the optional stuff, so I don't care about the amount of nodes each sphere grid has.
---
PSN: Fantasy_473
Nintendo Network ID: Xenoblade165
#2ferdk16Posted 5/10/2013 4:56:37 PM
The main differences is that:

1) Everyone starts very close to each other (each path branches from the middle where they all start).
2) The locks between grids are reduced, in a lot of places there aren't locks between different characters' grids.

If you follow everyone's path, it is roughly the same as the original grid, with some slight stat differences (and very few abilities that would be differently placed, like Full Break at the beginning of Auron's grid, but locked).

It's good because of the free branching, you get to customize your party more freely. Other than that there's not much else to it. All the new abilities from International content are present in both the Standard and Expert grids of the Int. versions, they are not exclusive to the Expert Grid.
---
Latest Video: Bike Chase (Chrono Trigger) [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykuONB4U0BU
#3eixeeeePosted 5/10/2013 5:37:17 PM
The ESG has 50 or so less nodes then the standard Sphere Grid, but this really doesn't matter given that its impossible to max all stats regardless of which grid you're using anyway.
---
Currently Playing: SSX DD // Looking forward to: FFX & X-2 HD, BD:FF
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MysteryVeil)
#4Seiko_NurashimaPosted 5/10/2013 10:29:46 PM
eixeeee posted...
The ESG has 50 or so less nodes then the standard Sphere Grid, but this really doesn't matter given that its impossible to max all stats regardless of which grid you're using anyway.

Idk about impossible I made a goos dent on one file just takes some omega grinding and preferably full ulti weapons
#5eixeeeePosted 5/10/2013 11:23:37 PM(edited)
What I meant by that was that it is impossible to have 99,999 HP, 9,999 MP, and 255 in all stats in one grid. Regardless of which grid you choose, you'll have to make some choices when developing your grid post-game.

Not that max stats is ever really a necessity.
---
#6matt091282Posted 5/10/2013 11:25:30 PM
Even though its been awhile since I played the game, I didn't know you could get up to 99,999 HP. Wow. How much grinding do you have to do to get that? lol
#7eixeeeePosted 5/10/2013 11:32:21 PM
matt091282 posted...
Even though its been awhile since I played the game, I didn't know you could get up to 99,999 HP. Wow. How much grinding do you have to do to get that? lol

I never bothered going that high on my save file from years past. Think I had around 32,000 and even then, that amount of HP isn't needed.

But basically, you're looking at killing a lot of Ironclads...
---
#8matt091282Posted 5/10/2013 11:39:14 PM
eixeeee posted...
matt091282 posted...

I never bothered going that high on my save file from years past. Think I had around 32,000 and even then, that amount of HP isn't needed.

But basically, you're looking at killing a lot of Ironclads...

Heh, I bet. I don't know if I'd get to that, but seeing as Penance and the Dark Aeons will be here, it gives me a little more incentive to get my party to be as strong as it can be/I have the patience for. lol
#9AlegOriPosted 5/11/2013 1:19:22 AM
eixeeee posted...

Moreover, the difference in nodes is pretty irrelevant. You can max all the stats that really make a difference on the expert sphere grid (99.999HP, 999MP, 30 evasion, whatever accuracy, 170 agility, and 255 on other stats). You have 50 more nodes on the standard sphere grid but you can't really use them for any meaningful stat upgrade over the expert sphre grid.

On the other hand, the expert grid is much more fun to play with in my opinion.
#10matt091282Posted 5/11/2013 1:27:25 AM
So on either sphere grid you can max out a character's stars (99,999 HP, 255 Strength, etc.), it's just quicker to do on the expert grid?