Final Fantasy X producer hints at Final Fantasy 12 HD remake..

#41eixeeeePosted 6/20/2013 7:21:19 PM
DarkPlacebo posted...
IZJS is great. I hope they can include an option to which LB we want, like FFX International. Thoughts ?

Actually, I would like it if they allowed you to switch between the different license boards in IZJS as opposed to being just locked to one. You'd still only get the boosts from whichever job is active, but it would allow for more choice that way. :)

As I've said in another topic though, I'm not buying X and X-2 HD with the idea of hoping for a XII HD release. If they do decide to do it, that's great. If not, oh well, I'll just enjoy these instead.
---
50% less sodium, 50% more awesome! // Currently Playing: P4G, SSX
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MV)
#42GunzleaderPosted 6/20/2013 10:50:07 PM
if buying this means we'll get 12 in HD i'll preorder this in the morning. long as 12 HD is on ps3 if ps4 no buy.
---
you are not "official" anything of any board grow up. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#43Vasquez14Posted 6/20/2013 11:01:59 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
tiamatttt posted...
Pretty expected, more relatively safe and easy money for SE. Although I wonder what(if any) thing would they package it with, just 12 even with the international content seems pretty small for a PS3.game.

Maybe Dirge of Cerberus and/or Crisis Core then again maybe they could package Type 0 with it but that would require hiring voice actors.

...Wat. Put 12 with 7 sequel and prequel.... Again, wat.
#44CroutonmanPosted 6/21/2013 6:37:25 PM
silly_sausage posted...
Can someone explain the IZJS to me? From the sounds of it, all it does is take away your freedom.

I personally like it much better since it forces you to make character design choices instead of the everyone is a clone character model and has the speed up feature. I will never go back to playing the vanilla version again. There is also a forum here for the IZJS version:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939426-final-fantasy-xii-international-zodiac-job-system

Also to get a full scope of what has changed, read this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/939426-final-fantasy-xii-international-zodiac-job-system/faqs/49691
#45pure mind gamesPosted 6/21/2013 6:54:09 PM(edited)
Croutonman posted...
silly_sausage posted...
Can someone explain the IZJS to me? From the sounds of it, all it does is take away your freedom.

I personally like it much better since it forces you to make character design choices instead of the everyone is a clone character model

Because thinking for yourself is, what? too hard?
---
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 06 - Day 5(pt2) - http://youtu.be/LBSRVjP0IVA
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 07 - Day 5(pt3) - http://youtu.be/aj5kyYAQVf8
#46EternalDividePosted 6/22/2013 4:27:42 AM
Have to admit. As much as I know XIII is one of the most horrendous games ever made. I hate XII more. XIII is 100x worse but I still hate XII more than any other game I've ever played.

SPOILERS

The art. The plot. The characters. The complete lack of character growth. The music. The pacing. The gameplay. The randomness of so many things chests/quickening damage/monster locations. The ultra cheap Full Restore move later bosses used and the un-dispelable magical defense stat boosts that keep increasing more and more as they get closer to dying to artificially lengthen battles.

I think I hate it so much because there's so many hints of greatness in it and it just squanders them. And I just found that so profoundly baffling where as XIII is just terrible start to finish with no hint of any cognitive function of it's own.
Characters that start to develop and then are just forgotten. Or ones that have no reason to even be involved. Locations and plot points that are not explained or expanded upon. Like you had all these great ideas and starting points but then forgot all of it to just make it a never ending fetch quest story where you travel across area after area sometimes without any dialogue between characters for hours. Only to finally inject this potentially cool aspect of traveling to a giant crystal world/palace/heaven place (never explained) to find evil demi god things (never explained) wanting to control the fate of the world and you fighting against them. Only to IMMEDIATELY go nowhere with it and return to fetch questing. Your ******* party never even asks "Where are we?" or "What about those god people?" All they can muster is a throwaway line after the cutscene of "Wow. Did you see that?" And it's never revisited. Got to make it to the Star Wars rip off ending to fight the guy doing all those unseen evil things so he can actually ask half your party "Who are you?" Seriously! For **** sake! When your main villain has to actually ask that in a cutscene before you fight him, that really speaks to the level of disconnect in the story.
---
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
#47CroutonmanPosted 6/22/2013 7:49:57 AM
pure mind games posted...
Croutonman posted...
silly_sausage posted...

I personally like it much better since it forces you to make character design choices instead of the everyone is a clone character model

No, because like real life, you have to live with the choices you make and adapt to it.
#48Carlk797Posted 6/22/2013 8:25:03 AM
People always try to say that 12 was some original game but it really wasn't. Nothing about 12 was either original, interesting, or thought provoking. Once again when it came out all the critics said it was average and forgettable, everyone who played it said it was average and forgettable. Look if it smells like a rat it's probably a rat. This has got to be a made up topic, I was alive when 12 came out I know what the game was and it wasn't that good. Certainly not good enough to do anything special with it. Now if it ends up a downloadable title on the PS4 network ok, I'd pay 10.00 for it just like I did 9 and 8, but that's it.
#49Dark_Placebo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 5:38:29 AM
why are there so many haters ?
---
"The only thing that makes you alive in this world is because you have the POWER to cease all existence more powerful than you."
#50pure mind gamesPosted 6/23/2013 6:27:48 AM
Croutonman posted...
pure mind games posted...
Croutonman posted...
silly_sausage posted...

No, because like real life, you have to live with the choices you make and adapt to it.

And why couldn't you do that in the original? Oh that's right, you could.
---
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 06 - Day 5(pt2) - http://youtu.be/LBSRVjP0IVA
Parasite Eve(Blind) Episode 07 - Day 5(pt3) - http://youtu.be/aj5kyYAQVf8