Eternal Calm and Last Mission

#1matt091282Posted 7/10/2013 5:05:57 PM
I know the whole Last Mission scenario has been talked to death on here. But, when it was revealed the other day they were working on a Prologue for X-2, my hopes for LM and even the Eternal Calm has diminished significantly.

I remember back at E3, they mentioned that they were bringing back some of the voice actors, which prompted myself and probably a lot of other to think, "Ok, great! This means Last Mission!". But now, that does not seem to be the case.

Of course, they might announce this stuff later on as more of a bonus surprise. But, seeing as they will also need English voices for Eternal Calm as well, makes me think they won't put the work in for those, and that's why they will do this Epilogue to kind of "make things up to us."

One thing to note is that in the descriptions we've seen on this release is that it states that it is BASED on the International Version. It never says "These are the International versions of the games", which I think would clearly state that everything is included.

The term based means, we're not going to get it all. Yes, FFX will have the Dark Aeons, Penance, etc. X-2 will have the Creature Capture feature for battles and all of that. But, after the latest announcement from SE regarding the content, is it now fair to totally dismiss LM and Eternal Calm being in this package? How do you feel about it?
#2ChipNoirPosted 7/10/2013 5:09:18 PM
You've misunderstood a few things. For one, the 'prologue' you've heard about isn't a prologue. its a 30 minute audio drama set for X-2's credits. We don't know what'll contain.

Secondly, Eternal Calm has already been done in English. Square made it exclucively available for Playstation Magazine readers on a special demo disk made available a month before X-2 came out.

There's been no confirmation of Last Mission will come out in any way, not even a hint. Even besides voice actors, it would also require taking the time to retranslate all the dialogue, text, and scripting. There is a LOT of additional content in Last Mission.
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.
#3matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 5:13:38 PM
ChipNoir posted...
You've misunderstood a few things. For one, the 'prologue' you've heard about isn't a prologue. its a 30 minute audio drama set for X-2's credits. We don't know what'll contain.

Secondly, Eternal Calm has already been done in English. Square made it exclucively available for Playstation Magazine readers on a special demo disk made available a month before X-2 came out.

There's been no confirmation of Last Mission will come out in any way, not even a hint. Even besides voice actors, it would also require taking the time to retranslate all the dialogue, text, and scripting. There is a LOT of additional content in Last Mission.

Ah, I was not aware of that regarding the Eternal Calm. Thanks for that info. Hopefully they transition it to HD still.

Actually, I misspoke when I sad Prologue. I meant to say Epilogue, meaning taking place after the events of X-2.

Yeah, Last Mission might be too big a project for them to work on. Especially when they they seem adament on getting this out in 2013. If this was just announced last year or so, I don't think they would have felt pressure about releasing it this year, and maybe they could've done it then. At the very least, my expectations for LM is dwindling. Out of everything, that will probably be the only thing ommitted.
#4Ninja_GaignunPosted 7/10/2013 5:14:05 PM
ChipNoir posted...

And this HD Remaster has been in the works for a VERY long time.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#5SakurafanboyPosted 7/10/2013 7:01:20 PM
It'd be stupid to not have Last Mission as it does have a lot of story details.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#6Ninja_GaignunPosted 7/10/2013 11:11:42 PM
I feel like if there goin threw all this trouble to re-release it they should have it all in 1 neat little package.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#7KarifeanPosted 7/11/2013 1:18:44 AM
I really have to wonder how they'll make an epilogue to FFX-2 without Last Mission since it occurs a few months after the events of FFX-2. If Last Mission won't be in it (it should be), it might get really confusing if they allude to story told during Last Mssion, such as Shinra leaving the Gullwings and then working with Rin.

And really, translating Last Mission is not a lot of work. pbirdman made an English patch for X-2 International not too long ago and Last Mission is mostly translated - I think everything apart from the cutscenes. If it can be done by 1 person, all the SE staff would have to do is recast and translate the cutscenes in Last Mission and there you go.
#8bigbaldwolf86Posted 7/11/2013 2:16:06 AM
matt091282 posted...
One thing to note is that in the descriptions we've seen on this release is that it states that it is BASED on the International Version. It never says "These are the International versions of the games", which I think would clearly state that everything is included.

The International version off FFX-2 and Last Mission are 2 separate things. This has been said a thousand times before.
#9AnonUnknownPosted 7/11/2013 2:40:00 AM
bigbaldwolf86 posted...
The International version off FFX-2 and Last Mission are 2 separate things. This has been said a thousand times before.

... what?
#10bigbaldwolf86Posted 7/11/2013 3:11:33 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
bigbaldwolf86 posted...

... what?

Last Mission is not a part of the International version of FFX-2. Look at the menu when you start the game and you can see they are seperate. Last Mission simply gives you the option to use your save file from FFX-2 which changes some of the dialogue depending on what you did.

There's no debate around this. They are seperate things which has been stated by Square before when asked if LM would be included. Personally I hope it is included but I'm not getting my hopes up