Which will be your definitive version of X and X-2?

#1YamiJustinPosted 1/16/2014 2:54:55 AM
For me, after getting all the trophies for FFX, I'll go back to play the International PS2 version running at HD on my PC. I just cannot accept the rearrange ost, or the changed menu and faces of certain NPCs.

For X-2, I'll keep using this PS3 remaster. It's the only version with full English support (the semi-English patch for the PS2 International edition never covered Last Mission or creature stories).
---
3DS Friend Code: 5172 - 0801 - 8484
FFX/X2 in English! Heck yes!! Also, shame on you Pokemon Bank...
#2CranberryTacoPosted 1/16/2014 3:01:58 AM
No. Already played it. The HD version can't give me anything other than a few new bosses and stories.
---
I'm Chuck Bass. 88' / Musician / Mobile / You're a crook captain hook. Judge won't you throw the book at the pirate
#3KarifeanPosted 1/16/2014 3:06:23 AM
The X-2 HD Remaster is easily the definitive version of that game.

As for X, I can't say yet, I've yet to experience it myself.
#4Jbroks86Posted 1/16/2014 3:09:47 AM
The PS3 version will be my primary choice to play it the first time through for the extra bonuses, but if I ever decide to replay FFX, I'll probably dust off my PS2 copy.
---
Nowhere man please listen
You don't know what you're missing
#5HopesNo1FanPosted 1/16/2014 5:23:11 AM
ps3 for both, since i don't cheat i'm stuck with a terribly slow 50 fps FFX and international-less FFX-2 on ps2. Why should I play those inferior versions? I can bare slightly different faces just fine...
---
Pokemon Y FC 3668-8772-1047 IGN: Croix -SV 1839-
(Mankey, Sawk, Breelom) PM ME if you want to be added!
#6DragoonGriffithPosted 1/16/2014 8:31:59 AM
Int. PS2 version of FFX, and the PS3 version of FFX-2 for that one.
---
CP: Tales of Phantasia X/NDX.
#7LuBu1975Posted 1/16/2014 9:14:28 AM(edited)
These HD remasters will be the definitive versions of both games. That's not opinion but rather fact. Up until now there were only three versions of FFX which were all flawed in the following ways:

US - No int content.
EU - Ran at 50 hz (slow motion).
JPN int - No english language.

Now finally we have the complete package AND in widescreen HD. I for one am happy. I ain't gonna cry over silly little things like OST remix or slightly altered faces. Anyone who thinks that's reason to ignore these releases doesn't deserve any better.
#8YamiJustin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 9:15:54 AM
LuBu1975 posted...
These HD remasters will be the definitive versions of both games. That's not opinion but rather fact. Up until now there were only three versions of FFX which were all flawed in the following ways:

US - No int content.

Now finally we have the complete package AND in widescreen HD. I for one am happy. I ain't gonna cry over silly little things like OST remix or slightly altered faces. Anyone who thinks that's reason to ignore these releases doesn't deserve any better.

Disagree. The Japanese International version of FFX did run at full speed (not the PAL version) and had full English. And many people prefer the original ost. The ost of FFX was one of the things it was most praised for. Rearranging it is not just a "silly little thing". Fact.
---
#9mogensuPosted 1/16/2014 9:30:30 AM
LuBu1975 posted...

US - No int content.

It's a fact that your post is stupid.
#10YamiJustin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 9:46:16 AM
mogensu posted...
LuBu1975 posted...

US - No int content.

It's a fact that your post is stupid.

I love how the ost being changed and the changed faces = a little thing to him, but WIDESCREEN is definitely important.
---