Anyone getting the BradyGames guide?

#1ThePlasmaStormPosted 3/13/2014 12:23:36 AM(edited)
The HD guide is 368 pages. Seems kinda iffy.
The original FF X guide is 272 pages and the original FF X-2 guide is 352 pages.
And then you add whatever content the international versions add...

This means one of several things:
A) They cut out a lot of fluff
B) They cut out a lot of content

But damn, it's only 15 dollars! Why not? Right?
---
`._Out! Out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow_.
http://i.imgur.com/k8Sb2kC.png
#2new_traditionPosted 3/13/2014 12:53:12 AM
The listing I see says 432 pages O_o

Granted, that's still less than what 272 + 352 would be, but I could hope they made some info more concise or something...

I never bought the original PS2 guides, so I was gonna buy a guide anyways 'cause, yeah, it's really only about 15 dollars (more like 16 something with taxes over here, but it still cheaper than buying from GS/EB like I used to >.>)
#3ThePlasmaStorm(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 1:13:55 AM(edited)
Source of pages: http://www.bradygames.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=139683

I just viewed a 4 page sample version of the guide. They did cut out a lot of fluff. Their page 42 corresponds to my page 141 of the FF X guide. All the text is squeezed in, it's in a smaller font, and there is more content per page. Whether this is "for the better" or not remains to be seen (it was a sample after all).
---
`._Out! Out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow_.
http://i.imgur.com/k8Sb2kC.png
#4new_traditionPosted 3/13/2014 1:18:45 AM
Huh, that's odd. I checked another listing, and it also said 432 pages, but it's 368 pages right there at the source :/

Well then, again, I hope it's concise to explain page shortages or something, Maybe larger pages over the original page size of the older guides..?
#5RixxellPosted 3/13/2014 2:14:08 AM
Really, stepping into this guide is like a step into the Unknown. Amazon US listing right now said the guide has 304 pages and I know this has changed from prior times I've looked at it. A lot is obviously cut out and unless they might have an E-guide option for whatever fluff was cutout from the original guides to make room for the new content that is included, which I don't expect much more then 10 pages at most knowing Brady, this guide is basically just something that is best used when supplemented by your past guides.

I'm mainly buying the guide for what art is in it and to see what it has to offer on International coverage, but as I said I'm not expecting much. Prima showed me next to nothing new with their KH 1.5 Remix guide when it came to Final Mix content and I don't expect Brady who have a history of errors in their guides to prove me wrong.
---
Sometimes the best way to prove your point is to eliminate all who stand in your way.
#6gfaqsterPosted 3/13/2014 2:25:44 AM
"we have removed this section please refer to Playonline.com for a detailed guide and more information on this segment"

>_>
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#7RixxellPosted 3/13/2014 2:27:25 AM
Ah how can anyone forget the pleasant joy of following the FF IX Brady guide:/
---
Sometimes the best way to prove your point is to eliminate all who stand in your way.
#8gfaqsterPosted 3/13/2014 2:37:11 AM
Rixxell posted...

I still have the guide for IX... its pretty worthless I don't think I have ever really followed it.

X had a good Piggyback guide though and I wish Piggyback was doing this game instead of Brady
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#9SxmfctPosted 3/13/2014 2:52:08 AM
Rixxell posted...

Want to know how to get a really powerful weapon for Steiner? Go to playonline and use the code IDBEHOLD for information!
---
:)
#10RixxellPosted 3/13/2014 3:01:53 AM
gfaqster posted...
Rixxell posted...

I still have the guide for IX... its pretty worthless I don't think I have ever really followed it.

X had a good Piggyback guide though and I wish Piggyback was doing this game instead of Brady

I still have the guide too. It has nice pictures, but that's about all it has going for it... And I agree, I wish Piggyback was doing the guide for this Remaster as they have been doing FF guides consistently since XIII released.
---