The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Creature stories in 10-2

#1MinakoEXEPosted 3/19/2014 10:27:39 AM(edited)
Has anyone done those yet?

I just got punched in the feels after finishing and releasing three so far. Flan palido and adamantoise were excruciatingly feelsy, I didn't think they would be as good as they were. Felt some tears welling up.

Anyone else think so or do them yet?
---
FC: 0533-4566-4777 (gogoat, oddish, petilil)
IGN: Caitlin
#2KarifeanPosted 3/19/2014 10:42:58 AM
I've 100%ed the Creature Creator twice, but that was back in the Japanese version so I'm super-excited to finally UNDERSTAND all the fiend tales this time around.

But I'm European so I'll have to wait some more...
#3MinakoEXE(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 10:48:28 AM
Oh man, you'll have to see. It's great to understand, haha.

One was so sad, I really like how they gave depth to the monsters and the storyline considering how I felt that fiends being people once was barely mentioned or anything in X. Just like "oh yeah people who are unsent become these, but who cares we have sin!!!1!11"

It's so nice to see fleshed out short stories of some people who had resentments. c:
---
#4RPGman1Posted 3/19/2014 10:56:11 AM
I've been enjoying them so far. I wasn't expecting Divebeak of all creatures to generate feelings from me, but it did.
---
Did you see that Zack?! Clear as a crisp spring morning! "F K"...in the coffee!
#5MinakoEXE(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 10:57:59 AM
RPGman1 posted...
I've been enjoying them so far. I wasn't expecting Divebeak of all creatures to generate feelings from me, but it did.

I haven't done the Divebeak yet, was it sad?
---
#6RPGman1Posted 3/19/2014 11:29:41 AM
More bittersweet. Basically, he starts out hating humans, but a series of events leads him to deliver medicine to a sick child. The trip across the Thunder Plains, during which he is attacked by fiends, leads to him dying of exhaustion at the end, but satisfied with himself. He lives behind a feather, and the child he saved carries it with him.
---
Did you see that Zack?! Clear as a crisp spring morning! "F K"...in the coffee!
#7MinakoEXE(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 11:30:57 AM
RPGman1 posted...
More bittersweet. Basically, he starts out hating humans, but a series of events leads him to deliver medicine to a sick child. The trip across the Thunder Plains, during which he is attacked by fiends, leads to him dying of exhaustion at the end, but satisfied with himself. He lives behind a feather, and the child he saved carries it with him.

D'aww. Those feels.

Have you done any others? And how can you get traps outside the arena and battle simulator?
---
#8KarifeanPosted 3/19/2014 11:33:05 AM
You can get traps only through fighting in tournaments, by completing fiend tales, and you also get 3 SP pods upon completing a Story Chapter.
#9PhantasmShotPosted 3/19/2014 11:35:59 AM
I almost cried at Flan Palido's ending.

Tonberry's ending was pretty funny.

Got half a dozen endings done so far. It's addictive and I'm impressed how much backstory and fleshing out each fiend has been given.
---
"Lightning Returns is still better than Bravely Default so no." - User 'furygods'
3DS FC: 3136-6746-8956. PM me if you add me
#10MinakoEXE(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 11:40:12 AM
Karifean posted...
You can get traps only through fighting in tournaments, by completing fiend tales, and you also get 3 SP pods upon completing a Story Chapter.

Yeah, I have a ton of SP pods but I feel like I'm wasting them without getting You know, shinra buddy Leblanc ormi logos auron etc But I have no regular ones(s,m,l) really.

PhantasmShot posted...
I almost cried at Flan Palido's ending.

Tonberry's ending was pretty funny.

Got half a dozen endings done so far. It's addictive and I'm impressed how much backstory and fleshing out each fiend has been given.

And I know!! Flan Palido had such a cute story. I couldn't control the d'awwws
---