I consider FFX my favorite Final Fantasy by far, and a near-perfect game, but...

#1Pink_HammurabiPosted 3/21/2014 8:37:15 AM
It's flat-out unbelievable how ungodly, atrociously, ear-bleedingly awful Yuna's voice acting is. To think that professionals were involved in this is frankly nearly impossible to fathom. How on EARTH did this happen? How did so many designers and executives create this, allow this to happen, then give their stamp of approval on the end result of Yuna's voice acting.

Incomprehensible.
---
(Wow, I talk really smart what I'm deliriously tired) - HeroOfTime777
#2iLoveTidusPosted 3/21/2014 8:40:06 AM
Don't talk about me like that!
#3KNOX614Posted 3/21/2014 8:41:11 AM
Stay away from the summoner!
---
3DS Friend Code: 5112-3457-8503
Playing: Tales of Graces F, Xenoblade, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Kid Icarus Uprising, Warrior's Orochi 3
#4_NeroZero_Posted 3/21/2014 8:50:48 AM
Ride ze shoopuf?
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
"I'm dual-shocked by that statement" - adam_kps2
#5trenkenPosted 3/21/2014 8:53:43 AM
I dont mind her. But the fact that they cast Peter Brady to do Tidus' voice is an abomination. Probably the worst voice actor ive ever heard. It doesnt help that much of the writing is so horrifyingly corny and embarrassing, mixed with his voice, yeah I make sure noone is around when I play this game.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#6FelixTrapperPosted 3/21/2014 8:56:44 AM
I am a first time FFX player and have been legitimately baffled by the voice acting so far.

Like... the FMV where Yuna comes out of the cloister and says 'i have done it, ive become a summoner' induced a physical cringe.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
#7Pink_Hammurabi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 9:08:53 AM
trenken posted...
I dont mind her. But the fact that they cast Peter Brady to do Tidus' voice is an abomination. Probably the worst voice actor ive ever heard. It doesnt help that much of the writing is so horrifyingly corny and embarrassing, mixed with his voice, yeah I make sure noone is around when I play this game.

Tidus' voice acting isn't good, but it was never so bad that it bothered me much. However, it is absolutely leaps and bounds better than Yuna's. Her voice acting is actively upsetting. She has no range and is completely flat regardless of either her circumstances or her alleged emotion. I say alleged because that's what you call it when a robot tells you he's feeling sad.

FelixTrapper posted...
I am a first time FFX player and have been legitimately baffled by the voice acting so far.

Like... the FMV where Yuna comes out of the cloister and says 'i have done it, ive become a summoner' induced a physical cringe.

It only gets worse, sadly... if you haven't gotten to the boat ride leaving from Besaid, take particular note of her delivery while on the ship. It's legitimately, literally baffling.
---
(Wow, I talk really smart what I'm deliriously tired) - HeroOfTime777
#8LaventorPosted 3/21/2014 9:12:24 AM
trenken posted...
I dont mind her. But the fact that they cast Peter Brady to do Tidus' voice is an abomination. Probably the worst voice actor ive ever heard..

Except his voice actor is James Arnold Taylor
---
Pokemon X/Y FC: 5412 - 9930 - 5608 - Please PM me with your FC if you add me :)
Friend Safari Dragon; Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon
#9OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/21/2014 9:15:37 AM
Well, she's supposed to be a soft-spoken, delicate flower with an iron will, so I wouldn't expect her voice acting to exude much emotion. She has to keep that stuff under control since she's supposed to give other people hope and if people see her upset they'll be upset. That's why she practices smiling when she's feeling sad.

:v So it was likely intentional I think. They probably told the voice actress to perform it that way.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#10trenkenPosted 3/21/2014 9:16:41 AM
Laventor posted...
trenken posted...
I dont mind her. But the fact that they cast Peter Brady to do Tidus' voice is an abomination. Probably the worst voice actor ive ever heard..

Except his voice actor is James Arnold Taylor

Is that the guy who played Peter Brady?
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero