Wait people struggle with the first summoner battle?

#11jZangetsu21Posted 3/24/2014 10:55:52 PM
Charmander75 posted...
Lost to Ifrit and beat Xion (should be Rumah ! )

*Ramuh
---
i5 3570k*8gb DDR3 1600Mhz*GTX 780* PC, Console, Handheld, Mobile, whatever, I love games ^^
EU PSN: jZangetsu21
#12MoToX20Posted 3/24/2014 11:04:10 PM
I got schooled the first fight, but because I wasn't prepared. Actually using Valefors OD right away was the problem because Ifrit gets 3 attacks in a row after that. So the second try I dit the shield/attack cycle and when Valefor had very little health I used his OD and won. My Valefor had only 700 health and I barely used him so maybe that was the problem. I took Yuna on a detour in the expert sphere grid to get some black magic(which has been very helpful) so after leveling her up a bit it wasn't an issue.
---
There's no such thing as a Saint without a past, or a sinner without a future
#13warlock55000Posted 3/24/2014 11:09:28 PM
This new version of the game is designed to be played very intelligently if you don't want to get your ass kicked...
#14Dark_AresPosted 3/24/2014 11:29:27 PM
MoToX20 posted...
I got schooled the first fight, but because I wasn't prepared. Actually using Valefors OD right away was the problem because Ifrit gets 3 attacks in a row after that. So the second try I dit the shield/attack cycle and when Valefor had very little health I used his OD and won. My Valefor had only 700 health and I barely used him so maybe that was the problem. I took Yuna on a detour in the expert sphere grid to get some black magic(which has been very helpful) so after leveling her up a bit it wasn't an issue.

Kind of this; I started with an Overdrive from Grand Summoning, but that had me take a full-force Meteor Strike. I played fine until a second Overdrive which I hoped would win the battle, but it didn't. Cue second full-force Meteor Strike, and I lost.
---
Support Operation Decode!
https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
#15CiethAkatsukiPosted 3/24/2014 11:38:30 PM
Wait, they were hard?

I did not think the first one against Ifrit was even possible to lose. I was almost certain it was a tutorial lol.

The ones afterwards I guess can be a bit tough, but by then you have more then one Aeon. I don't understand how its possible to lose those fights without trying to kill yourself.
#16Axedude87Posted 3/25/2014 3:09:14 PM
With the base stats 725HP Valefor the fight is actually really difficult. You have to do the shield/Blizzard alternation until low HP then energy blast, but I think you need Ifrit to miss with his physical at least once to get an extra Blizzard in to win.
---
"Pitiful mortals. Your hope ends here! And your meaningless existence with it!" - Seymour (Flux) - FFX
#17NavexPosted 3/25/2014 3:10:44 PM
Zarchonia posted...
spikethedevil posted...
But its so easy if you aren't under levelled tbf if you struggle with this then the next couple of bosses and hell even upcoming random battles will destroy you no problem.

If you die in a random encounter in FFX and it's not a Malboro in Omega snap your disc in half please.

Also this summoner battle is so easy you can't lose if you know how to READ. Even with no sphere moves on yuna it's easy. The game spells out for you EXACTLY how to win. You just alternate attacking and you shield when meteor strike is coming.

You don't even need to overdrive. I'm honestly embarrassed anyone would ever lose this battle.

Go away.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
#18InfinityOver0Posted 3/25/2014 4:18:20 PM
if you arent underleveled. theres your answer right there. first time runners pull her because the fiends are so weak, no one needs healing. she cant kill anything, she just slows the game down, so they pull her
---
6>10>3>9>5>4>1>12>7>2>8>13
#19KNOX614Posted 3/25/2014 4:25:41 PM
I lost the first time because I didn't know how to use the sphere grid. It was chaos...back in those days
---
3DS Friend Code: 5112-3457-8503
Playing: Tales of Graces F, Xenoblade, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Kid Icarus Uprising, Warrior's Orochi 3
#20likematchesPosted 3/25/2014 10:28:14 PM
Oh god, this thread XD
---
"Jokes on you, I was only PRETENDING to be an idiot!" Element_Pearl