Who all won the opening blitzball tournament?

#1Xiaoyu420Posted 3/25/2014 8:03:43 AM
Did you win the blitzball tournament against the luca goers? - Results (860 votes)
Yes
80.47% (692 votes)
No
19.53% (168 votes)
This poll is now closed.
How did you win if yes?

I changed control to manual... I won 2-1, managed a jecht shot and a venom shot from Wakka when he came in, luckily the goers only scored once, but partly cause i dribble stalled lol
---
Favorites !
Ling Xiaoyu! Penelo! Leia! Serah! Alicia Eiko Lucy Luigi Selphie Rogue Talim Bofur Buffy Tifa Freya Reimi
#2xylophone2Posted 3/25/2014 8:06:54 AM
Manual->Lure with Letty->Pass to Tidus/Wakka->Score. Basically did that every time I had the ball. Final score was 2-4.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.-Balthier FFXII
Want Dittos? Can't find a safari? PM me for free 2IV ones.
#3mouchou11Posted 3/25/2014 8:08:40 AM
I went full out against them from the start, everytime they did a goal, i'd reply with one too. The first round ended as a 3-2 in their favor, because my last kick woulda needed 2-3 extra seconds.

Then the next round I opened up with a jetchshot, tying it, and kept it tied until wakka arrived (his arrival stoped their goal too). Then with wakka I scored an extra goal and by the time they tried to shoot at my goal, the game ended. 4-3 win, with 2 goals blocked from the goers thanks to time's up.
---
---
FFXIV----Trabia-----Biotechx Odin----RIP2011
#4DukeBurdenPosted 3/25/2014 8:23:27 AM
Which trophies do you unlock for winning the first blitzball match? Do you get the win a match one or the win a tournament one? Or both?
---
"The heroes always win!" Snow Villiers
#5jelashPosted 3/25/2014 8:26:20 AM
I lost, 3:0
---
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)
Mary-Kate and Ashley: Magical Mystery Mall >>> Ni no Kuni
#6ZestagePosted 3/25/2014 8:28:36 AM
Whenever they had the ball I changed my formation to right, whenever I had the ball I changed to formation left. They never had a clear shot.

A Jecht shot made it 1-0, then I had a moment when Wakka came in to score a second with Letty (or the RF, I forget who), I shot and and the game was over right before it went in. Still, 1-0 is still a victory.
#7HeartfangPosted 3/25/2014 8:29:56 AM
It's been so long since I'd played blitzball that I forgot how to set it to manual. So I won on auto, which is even more surprising since I never win the tournament.

Seems to me you have to get lucky that they don't score on you, and you have to score before wakka comes out, since it's really hard to score with him. I scored a goal with wakka in overtime and won.
---
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up
#8DemiWebsterPosted 3/25/2014 8:33:12 AM
The very first time i played ffx, i did not win that game. With this version I won. I had the jecht shot(which i got first try) this time. Won the game 1-0 lol

Never did any extra blitzball when i first played it. Borrowed the game and ps2 from a friend so i didnt have long to get into all the extras... And after getting my behind handed to me i thought i was always going to be terrible

I really enjoyed blitzball this go, probably will be doing a bunch of it next time i've got free time
#9ni6htmare01Posted 3/25/2014 8:33:35 AM
I pass the ball a lot to advance before they have chance to attack me and I got close enough with Wakka and score the 1 and only point to win.
#10Death_Master911Posted 3/25/2014 8:37:54 AM
A Jecht Shot from Tidus, then after Wakka came out, I got a goal in the last 30 Seconds of the match and won 2-1. Stuck it on Manual controls of course. Without that I would've been screwed.
---
psn - Kaitsja | Currently playing Diablo III and Minecraft | Alternate psn - Synchrosity | GMT+10 - AUS | Steam ID - RenegadeVictim - Best way to contact me |