Yuna's Heterochromia *slight spoilers, kind of*

#1VetisTheWickedPosted 4/29/2014 3:54:38 PM
does yuna have two diferent eye colors because al bhed always have green eyes so being half al bhed she has some sort of eye color mutation? she doesnt appear to have any sort of chromosomal abnormality or chimerism or anything. is there a story or symbolic reason she has the condition?
---
And I suppose if told I was on the underside of hell you would throw yourself into oblivion to pursue me?
#2Holy_Cloud105Posted 4/29/2014 3:55:58 PM(edited)
It's because she's half Al Bhed.
---
Official Aqua of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board.
#3King999888Posted 4/29/2014 3:55:37 PM
The Al Bhed all have Blonde hair, green irises, and swirl pupils. Her being half Al Bhed is the reason.
---
ExtremeLight - So yeaaa, Google b****!
#4ferdk16Posted 4/29/2014 3:57:19 PM
I don't get it, though. Why would her half-genes act on one eye, and not even giving her the swirl?
---
Latest Video: I'll Face Myself -Battle- (Persona 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlSk3m1smgQ
#5King999888Posted 4/29/2014 3:58:06 PM
ferdk16 posted...
I don't get it, though. Why would her half-genes act on one eye, and not even giving her the swirl?

Cause having one swirl and one dot would be really freaky lookin'
---
ExtremeLight - So yeaaa, Google b****!
#6ifireflylPosted 4/29/2014 3:58:12 PM
The Al Bhed thing has nothing to do with it. It's just a rare genetic trait.
#7giled_tolgraPosted 4/29/2014 3:58:36 PM
Because Final Fantasy
---
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=Windsupernova
Play Whatever. No fanboyism. PW.President of the Biased club
#8rikkufreakPosted 4/29/2014 3:58:55 PM
ferdk16 posted...

That my friend requires a thorough explanation of how gene expession, alleles, phenotypes and genotypes work.
---
Main PSN: AerinK | Lyon | 200 Ranger [Deadly Sharpshooter]
Alt PSN: Ren9895 | Zayne | 136 Mage [Balanced with emphasis on support]
#9rikkufreakPosted 4/29/2014 3:59:27 PM
ifireflyl posted...
The Al Bhed thing has nothing to do with it. It's just a rare genetic trait.

No, it is because of her Al Bhed heritage.
---
Main PSN: AerinK | Lyon | 200 Ranger [Deadly Sharpshooter]
Alt PSN: Ren9895 | Zayne | 136 Mage [Balanced with emphasis on support]
#10ferdk16Posted 4/29/2014 4:01:56 PM
rikkufreak posted...
ferdk16 posted...

That my friend requires a thorough explanation of how gene expession, alleles, phenotypes and genotypes work.

I wouldn't mind that, if you can provide such explanation (a link to some explanation would be fine, too, if it's quite lengthy).

The thing is, okay she's half Al-Bhed, but let's say humans, they have different eye colors too. Just because one of the parents had green eyes does not mean the child will have ONE green eye. He could inherit a pair green eyes, or just completely go for a different color (the other parent's, or a new one). The one-eye thing is an extremely rare mutation, so "she's half Al-Bhed" seems too convenient for my taste. It's like they make it out to be as if it's the "normal" thing in Spira. Which doesn't make sense to me. And yes, I may be overthinking it right now XD
---
Latest Video: I'll Face Myself -Battle- (Persona 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlSk3m1smgQ