So apprently they changed Adol' VA

#1fariosPosted 6/25/2012 8:42:24 PM
http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-11464.html

Adol new VA is Yuki Kaiji, i don't know how i should feel about this
---
"He was my best friend and I'll always believe in him." -- John Watson
#2GurudaPosted 6/25/2012 9:24:05 PM
I'm almost completely indifferent. It's not like he talks much anyways (outside of Alternative Saga) and I imagine they'll keep the Ys Seven system of allowing you to turn off just his voice for that extra traditional touch. Still kind of a weird decision but I'm sure there's a reason.

What I find really interesting is that they seem to be trying to get as much of the original Dawn of Ys cast back as they can. Genda Tesshou and Shiratori Yuri are reprising their roles as Gadis and Leeza (bet you anything someone's going to be acting for two here ;-) ) although Karna and Duren both have new voices... wonder if they couldn't get their original actors? Pity because Ishimaru would have been ****ing awesome but I can't see anything to complain about with his replacement. Less certain about Karna but only because I haven't seen a thing Ogura Yui is in.
#3angelXboyPosted 6/29/2012 10:19:39 PM
ADOL TALKS?!?!!
---
Impatiently waiting for next Tales localization announcements and fan translations.
#4Im_A_potatoPosted 6/29/2012 10:46:56 PM
It really doesnt make a difference, Adol only does grunts anyway.

In Ys 7 the only word he ever says is "Right!" when you switch to him.
#5angelXboyPosted 6/30/2012 8:32:00 PM
Im_A_potato posted...

I can only imagine what it's like at the recording studio. Alright Mr. Soandso, you're going to have to do this line here!

VA: Ahemm.... Right? Right! RIGHT!...
Studio: Alright now take it from the top!
---
Impatiently waiting for next Tales localization announcements and fan translations.
#6Im_A_potatoPosted 6/30/2012 8:50:41 PM
angelXboy posted...
Im_A_potato posted...

I can only imagine what it's like at the recording studio. Alright Mr. Soandso, you're going to have to do this line here!

VA: Ahemm.... Right? Right! RIGHT!...
Studio: Alright now take it from the top!

I chuckled.

Hey, I also said he did grunts and shouts, okay?
#7GurudaPosted 6/30/2012 9:40:50 PM
Adol talked up a storm in the fully voiced Alternative Saga. On his story route, not only did he have actual dialogue and a lot of it, he even had branching dialogue unlike every other character. On every other route he was back to his usual silent schtick with narration describing his responses. Falcom was clearly having a bit of fun.
#8MartzePosted 6/30/2012 10:29:53 PM
They must have been having fun. If anything, I would expect it to be the other way around—silent protagonist while you're controlling him, and dialogue when you're not.
---
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
-Douglas Adams
#9PrimePikachuPosted 7/2/2012 1:07:01 AM
Yuki Kaiji is a good VA from the roles I've seen him play, and it's not like Adol does anything but grunt outside of his route in Alternative Saga anyway.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JljG9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wFLPz.jpg
#10Im_A_potatoPosted 7/3/2012 12:15:29 AM
Alternative Saga? You mean that "Trails in the Sky vs. Ys" crossover?