So apprently they changed Adol' VA

#11GurudaPosted 7/3/2012 12:53:13 AM
That's the one. Full and rather wordy title Ys vs Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga.
#12farios(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 11:44:00 PM
http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67591031.html

I noticed that they changed Karna VA again, Ishihara Kaori not Ogura Yui who also voiced new original character (or at least i think so)
---
"He was my best friend and I'll always believe in him." -- John Watson
#13GurudaPosted 7/4/2012 12:36:46 AM
Yep, apparently she's now voicing an all-new character. Haven't seen anything Karna's new VA is in either.

Anyhow, our playable character count is now up to five since this confirms two people sighted in screenshots previously. First is Kanririka (an Ainu name if my Google-fu is accurate), a girl with a mace and long red hair who appears to be from Highland since it's mentioned she knows Leeza. Our second new character is the blonde guy with the spear, identified as Ozma. Just to remind us that yes, this game is taking its setting from MotS, he's from Selrei. Apparently he's raised a Spada (an aquatic beast considered to be a sacred creature) since it was young. Said creatures have existed since the Eldeen inhabited Celceta (okay, we're not 'supposed' to know that yet but we know where this is going) and his is that last known example of the species. Somehow, I don't see a future for the Spada after this game.

Incidentally, we now have a playable character from every town in Celceta (MotS version) rather like, oh, Ys Seven. I suspect and hope that's going to be the end of it, although if they retain Promalock and/or Esteria who knows?

There's also some fluff about combat that's identical to Seven plus a new Personal Action system. When confronted with certain situations a targeting cursor will appear. If the right character is active, they can perform a special action. The text gives examples of throwing a knife and opening a lock. This I like the sound of; If they have enough examples and everybody gets a few (and they're not all required to progress the plot) it'll give a reason to try everyone out and hunt down possible secrets.
#14ExelxPosted 7/4/2012 11:53:31 PM
YsC, Adol Christin- CV.... KAJI YUUKI?? shougakusei wa saikou daze!

ADOL DESERVE NOROI WAKAMOTO voice :)
---
Now: P4G | Next: Atelier Ayesha, Nayuta no Kiseki, YSC, Zero-evo
http://www.youtube.com/user/ExeForce87
#15GradyHooverPosted 7/10/2012 7:39:46 AM
ADOL TALKS?!?!!

He spoke in text format back in the original Ys I & II...

And usually he talks, and we just don't hear it.

Which I prefer a lot more than heroes that don't talk at all due to mental disabilities...
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Daily Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#16helldewPosted 7/26/2012 3:23:40 PM
in the anime of ys 1 and ys2 he talks like crazy to.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#17ZeroHieiPosted 7/29/2012 12:22:16 PM
I'm going to turn off voices for this, I think. I have nothing against Kaji Yuki but to me, Adol can only be voiced by Kusao. Just the way it is /shrug. If they changed Cless (ToP) or Ky's (Guilty Gear) voices to anyone but Kusao I would probably rage a bit too :/
---
http://ha.enjin.com/
Zero - Republic Frostclaw EU
#18GurudaPosted 7/30/2012 8:18:31 AM
There's probably going to be an option to turn off only Adol's voice.