Localization?

#1GloryChaosPosted 7/13/2012 10:09:46 AM
Seeing as how Ark of Napishtm and Oath in Felghana got translated, would it be safe to assume that this one will get one as well?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#2MoegittoPosted 7/13/2012 10:37:05 AM
Every Ys gets translated, the question is WHEN. Ys origins been out for awhile and we just got it here. And Ys I & II and Ys III (Oath in Felghana) were remade and released here. Getting it over here is a high possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it being released any time soon, Falcom is one of the companies that actually cares to translate a game properly and not just port over a japanese game with Engrish.
---
iPhone 4S, PC, Xbox 360
G-Tag: TheTrueMoegitto
#3GurudaPosted 7/13/2012 10:44:00 AM
Falcom doesn't do the localizations themselves though, it's XSEED that's translated all the recent games. Well, they've worked with the fan translators for Chronicles, Oath, Origin but it's still them and not Falcom. It's to everyones benefit that XSEED cares and wants to give these games the localizations they deserve.

And yes, the odds are good that they'll add this game to the list eventually. One of XSEED's localization ninjas is a huge fan of Ys IV and his reaction to the announcement of the remake was memorable.
#4SiriusPosted 7/18/2012 9:24:05 AM
Except now I assume Xseed will only release the game digitally, and I certainly won't settle for that.

Not that I'm gonna wait a year anyway.
---
You'll laugh, you'll cry and you will never want to go to sleep again. --jollzoffire about Dragon Quest VII
#5GurudaPosted 7/18/2012 3:29:54 PM
I wouldn't be so sure of that. The series has some recognition value now (that flash sale that shot Ys Origin up the charts on Steam looks like it's helped a ton) and the extra exposure gained from physical distribution is likely to offset the increased costs by a good margin. This game has the advantage of not being an extremely niche title nearly impossible to market (Corpse Party) or impossible to get into stores because the genre is DoA (the PC Ys games) and being on one of the current generation of consoles helps too.
#6Radiantist027Posted 7/19/2012 3:13:21 PM
If there's a collector's edition, I am so gonna buy it.
---
"JUST WHO THE HELL, DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
"Screw the Rules, I have Money!"
#7AlltraPosted 7/20/2012 1:25:00 PM
I'll be surprised if this ends up getting localized, or at least, surprised if it's localized on the Vita. It'll probably go to steam for PC release if we see it here.
---
Is the glass half empty? Is the glass half full? Who cares, fill it up!
#8GurudaPosted 7/20/2012 4:33:02 PM
And precisely what logic led you to that conclusion? Was it the fact that the Vita is a major console which XSEED has released games for in the past? Was it the fact that this game uses Vita touchscreen/pad functionality such that a PC port isn't a plug and play process? Was it the fact that Falcom doesn't currently have a PC division and XSEED lacks the programmers to port a game? Tell me, oh all-knowing one.
#9AlltraPosted 7/20/2012 4:54:06 PM
Your mom told me.
---
Is the glass half empty? Is the glass half full? Who cares, fill it up!
#10WingEyePosted 7/20/2012 10:54:07 PM
It's kinda old, but this gives me hope:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/06/falcom-president-hopes-westerners-will-enjoy-ys-celceta-sea-of-trees/
---
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.drunkduck.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay