Does this game have any CG/anime cutscenes?

#1theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 12:23:10 PM
Aside from the very low-budget opening.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2a_gon_neePosted 10/6/2012 4:52:18 PM
So far i've only seen the opening, i think im about half way through the game.
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:00:39 PM
Thanks, let me know if you see any others!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4Im_A_potatoPosted 10/6/2012 5:03:00 PM
I actually really like the opening.

Aside from dem paper cut-out movements
---
"Women are throwing themselves at Adol left and right. Real bromance is hard to find. That's why Adol's sad." -Martze
#5theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:19:55 PM
Im_A_potato posted...
I actually really like the opening.

Aside from dem paper cut-out movements

That's exactly why I hate it :p I actually prefer Ys Seven's opening animation, and all of the Trails in the Sky games' animation as well.
---
#6Radiantist027Posted 10/7/2012 12:22:49 AM
Ys Seven had little movement in its OP, as well as Trails in the Sky.

In Celceta, you can see Falcom tried to animate and make the OP more 'action'-y, thus having some of those "paper cutout" movements.
---
"JUST WHO THE HELL, DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
"Screw the Rules, I have Money!"
#7Im_A_potatoPosted 10/7/2012 1:32:42 AM
Radiantist027 posted...

In Celceta, you can see Falcom tried to animate and make the OP more 'action'-y, thus having some of those "paper cutout" movements.

Despite those things........ I still think the OP was pretty great.

But that's just me.

Dunno what the others think.
---
"Women are throwing themselves at Adol left and right. Real bromance is hard to find. That's why Adol's sad." -Martze
#8sezen_atacanPosted 10/12/2012 12:06:46 AM
Does anyone know the artist who did the character designs? I like the style, I wonder if this same artist has drawn stills pics or anime for other games and media.

It seems to be a different art style than Ys Seven, so it can't be the same artist.
#9theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2012 12:14:42 AM
sezen_atacan posted...
Does anyone know the artist who did the character designs? I like the style, I wonder if this same artist has drawn stills pics or anime for other games and media.

It seems to be a different art style than Ys Seven, so it can't be the same artist.

Eh, personally I don't like this art style.
---
#10vorfeedPosted 10/18/2012 4:56:55 AM
sezen_atacan posted...

I think it's an in-house artist. With Ys Seven, they contracted Enami Katsumi. So definitely a different artist.

If the artist is an in-house artist, Falcom usually doesn't give the name out, beyond in the credits.
---
http://www.esterior.net | http://www.sanctuarycrew.com | http://www.eidenyaku.com