Oath in Felghana PSP or PC version?

#1AalviPosted 2/17/2013 10:25:46 AM
I just beat I and II on PSP and now I think I should play this next.

The vita game should take place between II and III(OiF), correct?
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#2ShiningPhantasyPosted 2/17/2013 10:45:21 AM
Chronologically that is correct Oath comes after Memories of Celceta; you might also want to consider playing Origin next if you haven't already just to further expand upon the background of Ys 1 and 2 before moving forward. As for which is better I've only played the PSP version and I have absolutely no nitpicks with it so it is a fine choice; the PC version allows you to play using a larger display of course if that is of importance.
#3Tenchi UKPosted 2/17/2013 11:08:40 AM
the psp one has a few additions to it such as voice acting, a newgame+ (with carryover bonuses similar to the tales games) and more forgiving checkpoints.

the PC version has a bigger screen and better graphics.

if the extras arent of interest its a case of choosing between a bigger screen or portablility (and being able to also play on vita)

The psp port is a very good port and doesnt have the issues of the Ys VI port.

the pc version looks the best though and isnt to system intensive....also has blood.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#4Modest_ModsoulPosted 2/17/2013 11:11:16 AM
Tenchi UK posted...
the pc version looks the best though and isnt to system intensive....also has blood.

Hmmm...

I'd consider this as one of the pros for PC version.

But if it's me, I choose PSP for portability.

The graphics is OK as it is.
---
If you show me how to die... Then I'll show you how to live.
#5Im_A_potatoPosted 2/17/2013 9:27:52 PM
PSP version has voice-overs!

"YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE!!!"
---
Not changing this sig until I get over Gungnir's troll ending.
Started: October 22, 2012
#6CircleOfManiasPosted 2/18/2013 7:20:45 AM
The PSP version has several "features" that trivialize the difficulty. A checkpoint every 10 seconds or so completely kills the tension of being low on health and makes the final dungeon really anticlimactic. You get a second-level super ability that heals you. That's completely against the entire spirit of the game, and you even get it on the higher difficulties. NG+ similarly allows you to go through a higher difficulty one-shotting everything and taking nearly no damage.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#7helldewPosted 2/18/2013 11:50:37 AM
PC version looks bloody amazing runs at super crisp framerates and plays excellently even more so if you have a gamepad.

PSP one is also solid much more forgiving and has a lot of bonus features.

honestly i prefer the PC version but Whatever floats your boat.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#8JeansamaPosted 2/19/2013 6:50:03 AM
Also, the PC one isn't voiced so there's no dub for people who aren't a fan of that. I think the font looks a lot nicer too.
#9Im_A_potatoPosted 2/20/2013 7:17:05 PM
CircleOfManias posted...
You get a second-level super ability that heals you. That's completely against the entire spirit of the game, and you even get it on the higher difficulties..

I was actually thankful for Double Boost. Auto-regen doesn't even heal that much. I kinda used it for the fact that Adol wouldn't flinch while taking damage and the DEF boost.
---
Not changing this sig until I get over Gungnir's troll ending.
Started: October 22, 2012
#10Master_GamerPosted 2/21/2013 12:56:49 AM
CircleOfManias posted...
The PSP version has several "features" that trivialize the difficulty. A checkpoint every 10 seconds or so completely kills the tension of being low on health and makes the final dungeon really anticlimactic. You get a second-level super ability that heals you. That's completely against the entire spirit of the game, and you even get it on the higher difficulties. NG+ similarly allows you to go through a higher difficulty one-shotting everything and taking nearly no damage.

I don't understand how that feature trivializes difficulty. Unless you equate tedium with difficulty. All it does is save time. And no one is forcing you to take anything for New Game+.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.