Trying to get into the series

#1ShiningxWanderPosted 9/22/2012 3:49:22 PM
I am trying to get into the DJ Max series, and I was wondering if I should start with DJ Max Fever or portable 3. Also, I was looking for DJ Max fever on psn, but I couldn't find it; is it still there? Also, is the physical copy of Fever glitch filled like I hear it is? Is there a patch fixing it? Thanks.
---
Its a bullet from a looong time ago. Look, its got a good luck phrase on
it: Sayonara, baby! - Jr, Xenosaga Episode I
#2Exceed20XXPosted 9/22/2012 5:02:51 PM
They removed Fever from the US PSN sadly. I don't know much about the retail version's bugs despite playing both versions. Personally I prefer Fever (or the original Korean P1 and P2 really) over P3 but that's me. Keep in mind though that the PSP games and Technika will play differently.

Whatever choice you make I hope you'll enjoy the series as I have up to this point!
---
2012 pre-orders remaining (11): CoP... RO... SFxT... VLR......
#3ShiningxWander(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 5:42:09 PM
Thanks for the reply xD. I'll grab Fever since its about $8.
---
Its a bullet from a looong time ago. Look, its got a good luck phrase on
it: Sayonara, baby! - Jr, Xenosaga Episode I
#4FormlessGodPosted 9/22/2012 8:24:12 PM
I personally recommend
- Hot Tunes (it's Fever with a slightly different tracklist and less bug/freezing (from what I've gathered from the Fever board))
OR
- Portable 2.
OR
- That $8 Fever sounds like a fine deal.
then
- Black Square. For all your intermediate/high level needs. Note that the Japanese ver. has no autocorrect.
#5thedicemasterPosted 9/23/2012 10:03:26 AM
hot tunes also seems to have much slower exp gains than fever, so it takes much longer to obtain all level based unlockables.
and hot tunes isn't exactly a different version of fever.

boh fever and hot tunes are separate games built using djmax portable 2 as a starting point.
most of the issues still present in the psn version of fever are because they didn't make new missions while they did replace some songs that where vital to those missions, so some missions are harder or even impossible.